Sharna had to sit out of last week's episode due to a knee injury, which resulted in doctors ordering her to rest her leg from anywhere from 3-6 weeks. Her celebrity partner, James Hinchcliffe, therefore practiced and performed with DWTS pro Jenna Johnson.
Fans are hoping Sharna can make an impressive comeback since she's to thank for getting James, a professional race car driver, this far in the difficult competition.
Sharna is a 31-year-old pro dancer and choreographer from Wagga Wagga, Australia. Her ballroom education began at age 8. Want to learn more about her?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Sharna Burgess:
- She was born on June 21, 1985 and began dance and gymnastics training at age 5. However, she was a Tomboy who also loved climbing trees and, as a teenager, shooting guns at ranges.
- She joined Dancing with the Stars back in Season 13 as a Troupe member but was bumped up to a pro partner for Season 16.
- Sharna has been best friends with fellow DWTS pro Peta Murgatroyd for over 10 years now.
- She moved to London at age 18 and later competed on So You Think You Can Dance in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- She is a huge supporter of the NOH8 Campaign, a charitable organization whose mission is to promote marriage, gender and human equality through education, advocacy, social media, and visual protest.
- Sharna dated choreographer and dancer Paul Kirkland from 2010 to 2015.
- Sharna performed in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games closing ceremony as well as on tour for "Simply Ballroom" and "Burn the Floor."
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Sharna has come close to winning the mirrorball trophy, as she finished Season 21 of DWTS with Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter in second place.