Sharna is a 31-year-old pro dancer and choreographer from Wagga Wagga, Australia.
Sharna is one of few female pro dancers left on Season 23 after several weeks of eliminations. She is partnered with pro race car driver James Hinchcliffe, who has surprised this season with his impressive dance ability and is still in the race.
Since Dancing with the Stars tends to focus on stories about the celebrities, here is some information about the sexy redhead.
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Sharna Burgess:
- She was born on June 21, 1985 and began dance and gymnastics training at age 5. Her ballroom education started at age 8.
- Sharna has been best friends with fellow DWTS pro Peta Murgatroyd for over 10 years now.
- She moved to London at age 18 and later competed on So You Think You Can Dance in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Sharna dated choreographer and dancer Paul Kirkland from 2010 to 2015.
- Sharna performed in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games closing ceremony as well as on tour for "Simply Ballroom" and "Burn the Floor."
- She joined Dancing with the Stars back in Season 13 as a Troupe member but was bumped up to a pro partner for Season 16.
- Sharna has come close to winning the mirrorball trophy, as she finished Season 21 of DWTS with Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter in second place.