It was difficult to create a list of "7 things" for Marilu -- nicknamed "Perpetual Motion" because of her energy and endeavors -- only because there were hundreds of facts to choose from!
Marilu, 64, is an extremely accomplished actress, producer, radio host, talk show host and author. She is best known for her role as Elaine O'Connor Nardo on the sitcom Taxi from 1978 to 1983, and she currently serves as the host of The Marilu Henner Show.
Marilu competed on the very first season of The Celebrity Apprentice and returned for Celebrity Apprentice All-Stars, playing for her favorite charities The Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) and the Alzheimer's Association.
Below is a list of 7 more facts Reality TV World has compiled about Marilu Henner:
- Born on April 6, 1952 in Chicago, IL, Marilu has starred in over 30 films, six Broadway shows and two hit classic sitcoms, including Evening Shade.
- She is a New York Times best-selling author of 10 books on health, parenting, memory, and lifestyle improvement. Her books include the recent bestseller Changing Normal: How I Helped My Husband Beat Cancer.
- Marilu is a five-time Golden Globe nominee. She can currently be seen in the Hallmark series Aurora Teagarden, a Hallmark Channel film called Love on a Limb, and a couple of theatrical feature films.
- The actress created her own website in 1999, and the following year, she began teaching online classes about health and wellness as well as offering online counseling and support to her growing following.
- Marilu was one of only two private citizens selected to contribute to the shaping of our government's food pyramid in 2004 and 2014.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant is married to Michael Brown, CEO of Browntrout Publishers, and is the mother of two college-aged sons, Nick and Joey.
- Marilu has hyperthymesia, meaning she can remember the specific details of her everyday life since she was a small child. Six years ago, she appeared on 60 Minutes to talk about the condition.