'Love Island's Season 3 cast of Islanders announced by CBS
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 06/30/2021
Love Island's Season 3 initial cast has been announced by CBS.
The 12 new Islanders will search to find their perfect love matches in a sequestered villa that is moving from Las Vegas, where Season 2 was filmed, to Hawaii when Season 3 of Love Island premieres with a 90-minute episode on Wednesday, July 7 at 9:30PM ET/PT on CBS.
The diverse cast includes a real estate investor, a personal trainer, a psychiatric nurse and a COVID-19 relief worker, and the 12 Islanders range in age from 23 to 28.
The debut episode of Love Island's third season will premiere immediately after the return of Big Brother's 23rd season, which is scheduled to air its first episode live on the East Coast at 8PM on July 7.
After its premiere, Love Island's third season will air new episodes on Thursday, July 8 and Friday, July 9 from 9-10PM ET/PT followed by a broadcast on Sunday, July 11 from 9-11PM ET/PT.
After its first week on the air, Love Island will air one-hour episodes Tuesday through Friday at 9PM ET/PT.
In addition, Love Island will air on Sunday nights from 9-11PM ET/PT for the remainder of the season.
Host Arielle Vandenberg and narrator Matthew Hoffman are returning for Love Island's third season, and the show's Casa Amor twist will also be back.
If fans can't get enough of Love Island on TV, 15 hours of extra content will be available on the ViacomCBS streaming service Paramount+.
The footage has been deemed "too hot for broadcast" and will include "unfiltered glimpses into the villa and fiery episodes."
Love Island -- which airs six nights a week in the U.K. -- will feature a group of single "Islanders" hoping to find friendship, love and also win the heart of home viewers, who will have the opportunity to shape events that will unfold on the show by voting on the Love Island app.
The Islanders will be required to couple-up every few days, and those who fail to find a romantic partner will risk being dumped from the island.
Challenges and dramatic twists come about as the Islanders form alliances and relationships and friendships are developed in an effort to win a lasting relationship as well as the grand cash prize.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
CBS announced it had ordered Love Island back in August 2018, shortly after British television wrapped its extremely popular fourth season of the show.
Additional Islanders beyond the first 12 will be introduced and announced as the season progresses.
Below is the list of 12 original Islanders who will be appearing on Love Island's third season this summer.
- Olivia Kaiser, a 28-year-old business owner from Anchorage, AK
- Kyra Lizama, a 23-year-old COVID-19 relief worker from Honolulu, HI
- Trina Njoroge, a 24-year-old psychiatric nurse from Hacienda Heights, CA
- Cashay Proudfoot, a 25-year-old waitress from Brooklyn, NY
- Shannon St. Claire, a 24-year-old construction-company controller from Bucks County, PA
- Korey Gandy, a 28-year-old rental car agent from Virginia Beach, VA
- Josh Goldstein, a 24-year-old college athlete from Haverhill, MA
- Jeremy Hershberg, a 27-year-old personal trainer from New York, NY
- Melvin "Cinco" Holland, Jr., a 25-year-old delivery driver from Ashburn, VA
- Christian Longnecker, a 24-year-old coffee company owner from Oahu, HI
- Will Moncada, a 26-year-old budtender from Colombia
- Javonny Vega, a 26-year-old real estate investor from Boca Raton, FL About The Author:Elizabeth Kwiatkowski
Elizabeth Kwiatkowski is Associate Editor of Reality TV World and has been covering the reality TV genre for more than a decade.