Lindsey is a 30-year-old internationally-recognized violinist who is partnered with Mark Ballas, a longtime fan-favorite on the show and two-time mirrorball trophy winner.
Lindsey and Mark got off to a strong start on Dancing with the Stars, and there is no sign of them stopping any time soon. As long as Lindsey can avoid elimination, it's likely she will only improve with time, as she boasts a natural rhythm and confident stage presence.
Lindsey's professional music career began in September 2012 with the release of her first self-titled debut album. Curious to learn more about this Dancing with the Stars contestant?
Below is a list of 6 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Lindsey Stirling:
- Lindsey is a classically-trained musician and entertainer from Gilbert, AZ, who boasts almost 10 million subscribers and over 1.9 billion views on her YouTube channel.
- She is a musician and writer! Lindsey released her first book with Simon & Schuster in 2016, a memoir called The Only Pirate at the Party, which she co-wrote with her sister, Brook S. Passey.
The book debuted on the New York Times' best-seller list.
- Lindsey competed on Season 5 of America's Got Talent as a hip-hop violinist but was eliminated in the quarterfinals round.
She also made a guest appearance on the show during Season 9 to perform her own song "Shatter Me."
- She has won two Billboard Music awards and released three studio albums, with the latest being "Brave Enough," which debuted at No. 5 on Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart and went on to score the No. 1 spot on Billboard's year-end Top Dance/Electronic Album list.
- Lindsey struggled with anorexia during college for two years once her interest in counting calories grew into an obsession of unhealthy restrictions.
However, through therapy and literary research, she came to realize her self-worth was not connected to what she ate on a daily basis.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!