While Federico denied the motion in a three-sentence order, The Times reported he did not elaborate on the ruling and also decided against scheduling a hearing for any legal issues to be argued.
"Had there been a need for such arguments, a hearing would have been scheduled," court public information officer Ron Stuart told reporters via email, according to The Times.
In the Friday motion, lawyers described Hogan -- the son of wrestler Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea -- being held in isolation for 16 to 17 hours a day in a maximum security cell as "cruel and unusual punishment."
According to court documents, the 17-year-old was placed in solitary confinement because the jail where he is being held was not equipped to house a minor in the adults-only minimum-security area.
However Hogan's lawyers requested he either be moved to minimum security or released to house arrest until his eighteenth birthday on July 27 -- at which point he would return to prison.
Based on Federico's Tuesday ruling, Hogan will remain in his 8.5-by-16.5-foot cell that contains only a sink, toilet, shower, small desk and bed, according to The Times.
In addition, Federico's ruling is reportedly consistent with a letter written last week by sheriff's deputy general counsel Jennifer Monrose Moore that claims Hogan's "current classification, housing and treatment... are proper."
Hogan's front-seat passenger -- former U.S. Marine John Graziano -- spent several weeks in critical condition in a medically-induced coma. Graziano suffered a broken skull and is expected to need lifelong care that will probably require he spend the remainder of his life in a nursing home.
Following a more than two month investigation by police, Hogan was arrested on charges of reckless driving involving serious bodily injury; using a motor vehicle in commission of a felony; being a driver under 21 operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of 0.02% or higher; and having illegal window tinting.
He was sentenced earlier this month to eight months in jail after he pleaded no contest to reckless driving. He also received five years of probation and surrendered his driving privileges for three years.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
Graziano's lawyers have also filed a lawsuit, alleging three counts of negligence on the part of Hulk and one count each on Linda and Nick.
Graziano family lawyer George Tragos told The Times he was "appalled" at Hogan's request to move from solitary confinement.
"It doesn't sound cruel compared to what John Graziano's going through," Tragos told The Times. About The Author:Christopher Rocchio
Christopher Rocchio is an entertainment reporter for Reality TV World and has covered the reality TV genre for several years.