- Calvin was born on September 29, 1985 in Newnan, GA. He's 6'5" and about 240 pounds.
- His nickname is "Megatron," the leader of the Transformers robots' Decepticon villains. He was given the name by former Lions wide receiver Roy Williams and it just stuck with fans.
- One of four children, Calvin grew up in a household where academic excellence was stressed by his parents, Calvin Sr., a freight-train conductor, and Arica Johnson, a project manager with the Atlanta public-school system. He has a 27-year-old younger brother who is currently in residency at Vanderbilt.
- Calvin played college football at Georgia Institute of Technology, known as Georgia Tech, where he was recognized as an All-American twice. He also briefly played baseball there and was scouted!
- The DWTS contestant has a tattoo of the crucifixion of Jesus on his left arm and a Christian cross on his right arm. He also participates in a weekly Bible study group.
- He played nine years in the NFL, recording 731 receptions, 11,619 yards and 83 touchdowns.
- The father of one was selected by the Detroit Lions as the second pick overall in the 2007 NFL Draft.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
- Calvin is a proud Christian who is funding a film called Real Love, a coming-of-age story about a girl trying to stay true to her virginity and religion.
- Calvin married Brittney McNorton in June 2016 in metro Detroit, MI. They appear to have a healthy and loving relationship.