Bravo has confirmed it is considering delaying or re-editing The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' upcoming second season in light of the alleged suicide of Russell Armstrong, the estranged husband of Housewives star Taylor Armstrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
"We're all still trying to process yesterday's very sad news, and looking at how to proceed with the series, which has finished primary production and was set to premiere on Labor Day," Bravo executive Andy Cohen wrote on bravotv.com on Wednesday.

Cohen did not reveal when the network expects to make a decision about the second season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, which had been previously scheduled to premiere Monday, September 5. 

"We'll let you know what we decide when we do. In the meantime, we're sending our thoughts and prayers to Taylor and the rest of Russell's family," he wrote.

Taylor Armstrong -- whose unhappiness about her marriage had been chronicled on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' first season last year -- had filed divorce from her husband last month, alleging verbal and physical abuse during their marriage.

According to a July press release in which Bravo had announced the premiere of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' second season, the season was set to include the timeframe prior to the divorce filing and show The Real Housewives star "struggl[ing] with her loveless marriage."

Armstrong's body was found hanging in the Los Angeles-area home of a friend he had been staying with on Monday evening.  According to reports, he was found hanging fully-clothed from an electrical cord.

While a suicide note was not found, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office has ruled Armstrong's death a suicide after completing an autopsy.

"The cause of death is hanging and the final manner of death is suicide," Chief Coroner Investigator Craig Harvey told Us Weekly on Wednesday.

Armstrong was last known to be alive on Friday, according to Harvey.

"It was the last time the roommate had a conservation with him," he told Us.

In addition to his marital problems, Armstrong  -- who was also reportedly recently sued by MyMedicalRecords.com for allegedly misusing more than $1.5 million in funds -- had been having significant financial problems prior to his death, according to his lawyer.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!

"As a couple, they lived way beyond their means... Each month was a challenge for him to cover their lifestyle," attorney Ronald Richards told People on Tuesday about the 47-year-old venture capitalist.

"Russell was in a lot of debt and he had legal problems. His credit cards were used up. He had serious financial problems. And that no doubt caused him a lot of stress."