The 29-year-old bull rider-turned-model, who has recently landed major campaigns including Saks Fifth Avenue, joined theDancing with the Stars competition to seemingly prove he can do anything he sets his mind to.
Prior to his first performance on DWTS, Bonner told Good Morning America he "took on Mount Everest." However, the handsome contestant continues to show fans week to week that he has some natural dance ability and certainly has the drive and determination to make it to the end as long as home viewer votes carry him there.
Bonner is currently single, and he's obviously a risk-taker, but what else do we know about him?
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Bonner Bolton:
- Bonner was born on June 1, 1987 on a ranch in Odessa, TX, and he has four siblings who all have "B" names -- Bliss, Brody, Bridger and Brylee Bolton.
- The 5'11" Dancing with the Stars contestant got a full-ride bull riding scholarship to Odessa College and Texas Technical Academy.
- Bonner went down the path of modeling following a life-threatening accident while bull riding in a January 2016 competition. Bonner flipped off the backside of a bull and then got trampled by the wild animal, snapping his C2 vertebra in his neck.
According to GQ magazine, he was paralyzed for 24 hours and underwent a six-hour surgery but shocked the world when he was able to walk again three days later. Doctors told Bonner that 95 percent of people with his injuries never walk again.
- Bonner is religious, appreciates great art, considers himself a lifelong cowboy -- even though he's no longer riding -- loves good southern barbeque food, eats oysters on the regular, and enjoys paddleboarding, acting and fly-fishing.
- Bonner played Scott Eastwood's stunt double in the major motion picture, The Longest Ride.
- Before breaking his neck, Bonner had persevered through several serious injuries to rank among the world's top bull riders: In 2008, he tore his right bicep clean off the bone, sidelining him for nearly a year.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
Years later, he broke his collarbone in four places.
- It's no surprise the country boy loves country music. One of his all-time favorite artists is Chris Stapleton, whose songs apparently inspired Bonner throughout his long recovery process after the accident.