Bethenny Frankel given restraining order against Jason Hoppy
UPI News Service, 02/02/2017
Bethenny Frankel was recently given a restraining order against former husband Jason Hoppy.
The 46-year-old reality star was granted an order of protection against Hoppy after an alleged incident at their daughter Bryn's school Friday, Jan. 27, according to TMZ.
The order, which lasts six months, requires Hoppy to stay away from Frankel's home, school and place of business. He is also not allowed to communicate with "The Real Housewives of New York City" star.
Hoppy was arrested Friday for allegedly stalking and harassing Frankel after showing up at Bryn's school. He reportedly had been sending the reality star threatening messages for months.
"The complainant said Hoppy had sent numerous emails and FaceTime calls numbering in the hundreds after a cease and desist letter was sent on Nov. 22, 2016," an NYPD spokesperson told People.
"On Friday, Jan. 27, [Hoppy] approached [Frankel] and a friend at her child's school at around 8:15 a.m. and tried to provoke a fight," the spokesperson added.
"He said, 'I will destroy you, you can get all the lawyers you want, you've been warned.'"
Frankel and Hoppy, who share 6-year-old Bryn, split in 2012 after two years of marriage and finalized their divorce in July.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
"We can confirm that the divorce has been resolved. Our client is ecstatic that this long chapter is over, and she is looking forward to moving on with her life," the star's attorney, Allan Mayesfsky, said at the time.
Copyright 2017 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.