Vanessa is a 29-year-old special education teacher from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The 5'3 1/2" brunette beauty was called "a keeper" by Nick on Night 1 because she impressed him by speaking French. She seems to also be his physical type.
Nick and Vanessa appeared to have the strongest connection early on when the Bachelor cried during their first one-on-one date. Nick expressed at the time he finally felt optimistic and hopeful about finding his future wife through this process, but since then, viewers haven't seen the couple spend much time together -- and Vanessa, who speaks her mind, is growing frustrated. Could she end up being "the one?"
Below is a list of nine facts Reality TV World has compiled about Vanessa Grimaldi:
- If Vanessa could be any fruit or vegetable, she'd choose an onion because it's a staple item and can be found all year round.
- Vanessa appeared in several movies: Being Human in 2015, Blue Mountain State in 2010, and Ascension in 2011. She also co-hosted GameLoft podcasts about five years ago on Can Your School Rock.
- The bachelorette believes her best attributes are her personality, drive to succeed, work ethic, and patience.
- Vanessa has a phobia of sharks and bees, but she isn't afraid of adrenaline-seeking activities like skydiving.
- Vanessa doesn't really have a physical type when it comes to men, but she definitely appreciates a great smile.
- The Italian-speaking beauty can eat! She loves pizza, burgers and homemade Italian classics like biscotti and panettone.
- The most romantic present she has ever received is a promise ring.
- It's probably a good thing Vanessa isn't The Bachelorette star because she's very afraid to hurt other people's feelings.
- Vanessa owns a part-poodle dog whom she calls her "lucky charm."