Simone, at only 20-years-old, is one of the most decorated female gymnasts in history. She joined Dancing with the Stars' 24th season because she's always had a love for the show and dancing in general.
Simone has been a frontrunner in the ABC reality dancing competition since the beginning, but she faces tough competition this season -- including Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei and Glee star Heather Morris.
The spunky 4'9" athlete is adorable, fun and driven, but what else do we know about her?
Below is a list of 6 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Simone Biles:
- Simone Arianne Biles was born on March 14, 1997 in Columbus, OH. She has three siblings -- Ashley, Tevin and Adria -- and due to her mother's drug and alcohol addiction, Simone was placed in foster care.
- She was officially adopted by her grandparents, who had been taking care of her for several years prior, in 2003. Simone was later introduced to gymnastics during a school field trip to Bannon's Gymnastix at the age of six.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant's book Courage to Soar: A Body in Motion, A Life in Balance, which was published in November 2016, is a New York Times Best Seller.
- Simone typically trains in gymnastics 35 hours per week, and her career highlights include being an Olympic gold medalist in vault, floor, Individual and Team All-Around, as well as a bronze medalist on balance beam at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
She has accumulated a total of 19 Olympic and World Championship medals.
- Simone is Catholic and also holds Belizean citizenship through her mother. She refers to Belize as being her second home.
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant was the first American female gymnast chosen by Team USA to be the flag bearer for the closing ceremonies.