Peter is a 31-year-old personal trainer and business owner from Madison, WI, who received the first rose at the season's very first Rose Ceremony. (But it wasn't the First Impression Rose).
Peter had an amazing one-on-one date with Rachel early on in which the pair went to BarkFest and enjoyed the day outside with the Bachelorette's dog Copper. Sparks flew between the couple when they watched some fireworks that night, but since then, Peter has been fighting for Rachel's time on group dates and at cocktail parties.
Peter has come out of his comfort zone by freestyling a little bit and dancing shirtless on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, but Rachel seems to really love how he stays out of all the drama amongst the guys. If Peter keeps up the momentum, he has a real shot to win Rachel's heart.
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Peter Kraus:
- Peter began working as a personal trainer in 2009, and now he owns his own fitness company called Worth Training.
According to the company website, Peter bills himself as a "former international model and celebrity trainer."
- Peter played baseball, soccer, basketball and football through his high school years.
- The 6'3" suitor was named among the Top 10 trainers in Chicago for TimeOut magazine in 2012.
- A Wisconsin native like Rachel's ex, Nick Viall, ironically, Peter has also lived in Chicago, IL, and Los Angeles, CA. He moved to such cities when he was a working model.
- The Bachelorette contestant received an Associate of Science degree in Dietetics/Dietician from Madison Area Technical College in 2010.
- Peter is a three-time Ironman Wisconsin finisher, and he suffered a broken foot one of the times. He also has three Top 3 finishes in sprint and Olympic-distance Triathlons.
- At age 19, Peter developed an eating disorder while pursuing a modeling career, and his heath and fitness began to rapidly decline.
He hit rock bottom in 2007, but he began changing his life for the better once he went to college.
- In Peter's high school yearbook, he wrote that his plans for the future were to go to art school, become famous in one way or another, and be on The Bachelor!
If Peter doesn't get engaged to Rachel on The Bachelorette, maybe his last goal of the three will come true.