On The Bachelorette's premiere last month, Peter, a 31-year-old personal trainer and business owner from Madison, WI, stepped out of a limo first and also received the first rose at the Night 1 Rose Ceremony.
Rachel and Peter's romance quickly heated up when they enjoyed a one-on-one date to Bark Fest together with the Bachelorette's dog Copper. Peter bonded quickly to Rachel and her dog, and it was clear Rachel had butterflies for the suitor.
A group date followed in which Peter was asked to take his shirt off and dance for women in The Ellen DeGeneres Show audience.
Peter didn't exactly feel comfortable stripping his clothes off for a rowdy crowd, but he admitted he'd do just about anything for Rachel. Curious to learn more about him?
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Peter Kraus:
- Peter played baseball, soccer, basketball and football through his high school years.
- The 6'3" suitor was named among the Top 10 trainers in Chicago for TimeOut magazine in 2012.
- A Wisconsin native like Rachel's ex Nick Viall, ironically, Peter has also lived in Chicago, IL, and Los Angeles, CA. He moved to such cities when he was a working model.
- Peter began working as a personal trainer in 2009, and now he owns his own fitness company called Worth Training.
According to the company website, Peter bills himself as a "former international model and celebrity trainer."
- The Bachelorette contestant received an Associate of Science degree in Dietetics/Dietician from Madison Area Technical College in 2010.
- Peter is a three-time Ironman Wisconsin finisher, and he suffered a broken foot one of the times. He also has three Top 3 finishes in sprint and Olympic-distance Triathlons.
- At age 19, Peter developed an eating disorder while pursuing a modeling career, and his heath and fitness began to rapidly decline.
He hit rock bottom in 2007, but he began changing his life for the better once he went to college.