Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth -- 5 things to know about the 'Survivor: Game Changers' castaway
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 03/06/2017
Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth is one of the returning castaways to get another chance at winning $1 million on Survivor: Game Changers this spring.
Ozzy, a 34-year-old from Venice, CA, is one two castaways who will be playing the game for the fourth time on Survivor's upcoming edition, along with Cirie Fields.
This all-stars season, the franchise's 34th edition, will premiere with a special two-hour episode on Wednesday, March 8 at 8PM ET/PT on CBS. The show's debut marks Survivor's milestone 500th episode.
Survivor: Game Changers, filmed in the Mamanuca Islands in Fiji in June and July 2016, will feature 20 castaways who are being billed as having made some of the biggest moves in the history of the game divided into two tribes, Mana and Nuku, that are each comprised of 10 veteran players.
Below is a list of five facts Reality TV World has compiled about Ozzy Lusth:
- Yul Kwon edged Ozzy via a tight 5-4 vote at Final Tribal Council in Survivor: Cook Islands, so Ozzy -- only 25-years-old at the time -- finished as the runner-up.
Ozzy had won five of the season's six Individual Immunity Challenges this season but Yul ultimately won the game because he was the more strategic "puppetmaster."
- When Ozzy played in Survivor: Micronesia, he was blindsided and finished in ninth place after he opted not to use a hidden Immunity Idol he had in his possession.
In his final words, Ozzy called himself "an idiot" for trusting his alliance and getting too comfortable.
- In Survivor: South Pacific, Ozzy made it to the Final 4 after returning from a Redemption Island duel winning streak and then beating the remaining castaways in the first Immunity Challenge upon his return to camp.
However, Ozzy crumbled under the pressure when he needed to win the final Immunity Challenge of the season to be guaranteed a position in the Final 3.
- Ozzy is best remembered for his athleticism, ability to provide food for his tribe and being a challenge beast, both in water and on land.
In Cook Islands, he won 16 challenges overall, in Micronesia, he won six, and in South Pacific he won 12.
- Ozzy, born in Guanajuato, Mexico, also appeared on Season 2 of American Ninja Warrior as well as the Playboy reality series Foursome.