'Next Food Network Star' reveals fourth-season cast, to debut June 1
By Christopher Rocchio, 04/01/2008
The Food Network has revealed the identities of the 10 culinary contestants competing on The Next Food Network Star's fourth season, which is scheduled to premiere Sunday, June 1 at 10PM ET/PT.
The Next Food Network Star's fourth season will follow a similar format to the reality competition series' previous three installments, with contestants being tested in a series of challenges and judged on their culinary skills and on-air potential. The winner will receive his or her own six-episode Food Network series.
Iron Chef America star Bobby Flay, who had previously participated in the series as a special guest judge, will join returning The Next Food Network Star judges Bob Tuschman and Susie Fogelson as a regular member of the fourth edition's judging panel.
Additional Food Network personalities and special guest stars will also make appearances during the show's fourth installment.
"Last season's show was our network's highest-rated, most-watched series ever and we look forward to keeping that bar raised and the level of competition high," said Tuschman. "This season's finalists are our most skilled ever, and we put them through the toughest challenges we could devise. We guarantee viewers an incredibly compelling and entertaining series."
- Nipa Bhatt, a 35-year-old marketing manager from Victoria, MN
- Jennifer Cochrane, a 32-year-old executive chef at Geppetto's and Briggs Corner restaurants from Woonsocket, RI
- Lisa Garza, a 32-year-old kitchenwear fashion designer and owner of Suze Restaurant from Dallas, TX
- Adam Gertler, a 30-year-old former restaurateur, server and actor from Philadelphia, PA
- Cory Kahaney, a 45-year-old stand-up comic and playwright from New York, NY
- Shane Lyons, a 20-year-old private chef from Colorado Springs, CO
- Aaron McCargo Jr., a 36-year-old executive catering chef at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital from Camden, NJ
- Kelsey Nixon, a 23-year-old freelance food writer and culinary class instructor from North Ogden, UT
- Kevin Roberts, a 39-year-old radio contributor, restaurant owner and cookbook author from San Diego, CA
- Jeffrey Vaden, a 43-year-old caterer and former restaurateur from White Plains, NY
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.