A week after the new NBC singing competition unveiled its first 12 contestants during its premiere, The Voice revealed the identities of its 20 remaining singers during Tuesday night's broadcast of the show's second episode.
The additional contestants are Devon Barley, Jared Blake, Raquel Castro, Niki Dawson, Casey Desmond, Julia Eason, Lily Elise, Dia Frampton, Justin Grennan, Curtis Grimes, Tim Mahoney, Nakia, Cherie Oakley, Sara Oromchi, Tyler Robinson, SeraBee, Tori and Taylor Thompson, Emily Valentine, Casey Weston, and Angela Wolff.
They join Tje Austin, Javier Colon, Frenchie Davis, Jeff Jenkins, Nicole Johnson and Josh Johnson (known as Elenowen), Rebecca Loebe, Vicci Martinez, Beverly McClellan, Tarralyn Ramsey, Kelsey Rey, Patrick Thomas, and Xenia.
With the selection of the final 32 contestants during the show's "blind auditions" phase over, The Voice will now feature four weeks of "battle" rounds in which musician coaches Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton and their advisors will train and mentor their selected singers before having them square off two at a time in a series of singing face-offs that will decide which person will advance and which one will be eliminated from the competition.
Once the "battle" rounds have concluded, The Voice will switch to live performance shows featuring the remaining 16 contestants. Home viewers will get to vote to save one member of each team, and then each coach will have to eliminate one or more of the other members of his or her team.
After each coach's team is narrowed to a single contestant, the four remaining singers will compete directly against each other in the finale and viewers will vote to crown one of them "The Voice," winning the singer $100,000 and a recording contract with Universal Music Group.
The Voice's 32 contestants -- and their NBC-released biographical information -- are:
- Cherie Oakley, a country singer from Evansville, IN
- Julia Eason, a pop singer from Palos Verdes, CA
- Justin Grennan, an R&B singer from Enumclaw, WA
- Raquel Castro, a pop singer from Long Island, NY
- Lily Elise, an R&B and pop from San Anselmo, CA
- Beverly McClellan, a Pop singer from Gate City, VA
- Frenchie Davis, an R&B singer from Washington, DC
- Tarralyn Ramsey, an R&B and soul singer from Melbourne, FL
"Team Cee Lo Green"
- Curtis Grimes, a country singer from Gilmer, TX
- Emily Valentine, a rock singer from Los Angeles, CA
- Nakia, a blues singer from Austin, TX
- Niki Dawson, a pop singer from Jacksonville, FL
- Tori and Taylor Thompson, a country duo from Santa Maria, CA
- Kelsey Rey, a blues and pop singer from Vero Beach, FL
- Tje Austin, an R&B singer from Sweetwater, TX
- Vicci Martinez, a soul and blues singer from Seattle, WA
- Angela Wolff, a rock singer from Nashville, TN
- Casey Desmond, a glam rock singer from Weymouth, MA
- Casey Weston, a country singer from Naples, FL
- Devon Barley, a pop singer from Mattapoisett, MA
- Tim Mahoney, a pop singer from Minneapolis, MN
- Javier Colon, a pop and soul singer from Stratford, CT
- Jeff Jenkins, a pop country singer from Freeport, TX
- Rebecca Loebe, an indie singer from Atlanta, GA
- Dia Frampton, an indie singer from St. George, UT
- Blake, a rock singer from Star City, AR
- Sara Oromchi, a pop singer from San Jose, CA
- SeraBee, a blues and pop singer from Kiln, MS
- Tyler Robinson, a pop singer from Caldwell, ID
- Nicole Johnson and Josh Johnson, an indie duo known as Elenowen from Nashville, TN
- Patrick Thomas, a country singer from Dallas, TX
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.