NBC announces 'Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2' cast, moves premiere to June 21
By Reality TV World staff, 06/11/2004
In addition to releasing the names, photos, and biographical information of the thirteen women and bachelor who will be appearing on the second edition of its Who Wants To Marry My Dad? series, NBC has announced that the program's debut will be delayed by a week, premiering Monday, June 21 at 10PM ET/PT instead of the originally announced June 14 date.
In the second edition of last summer’s hit series, the three adult daughters of Marty Okland, a 47-year-old from Colorado, will choose from among thirteen women to decide which one would be the ideal wife for their Dad. Promising even more surprising twists and turns than the original series, the six-episode second edition of Who Wants To Marry My Dad? will also include the outrageous “secret tasks” and popular lie detector tests that made the show a hit with viewers last summer.
Beyond the secret inclusion of the aunt as one of the program's competing contestants, Dad 2 will feature other subterfuge, including the father going undercover in the first episode to secretly meet the women without them knowing it’s him and a high-stakes adventure where the women’s ex-boyfriends show up as jockeys on horseback at Santa Anita racetrack.
In the end, similar to last season, Marty's daughters Nicole, Jennifer, and Brooke will decide which woman their father will marry and their father will propose to the winner. Of course, as veteran reality show viewers are no doubt aware, whether the couple will actually get to the altar is another matter.
The thirteen women competing for Marty (which range from a 31-year-old only three years older than his oldest daughter to a 45-year-old pageant and event producer) are listed below. Photos of all the women are available in our Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2 Photo Gallery
The thirteen women are:
• Debbie, a 45-year-old producer of pageants and events from Corona Del Mar, California
• Layne, a 42-year-old marketing director from Colorado Springs, Colorado
• Lola, a 42-year-old director of consumer demand from Livermore, California
• Malanie, a 38-year-old executive assistant from Woodland Hills, California
• Machel, a 32-year-old writer/model from San Diego, California
• Marilyn, a 40-year-old esthetician from Denver, Colorado
• Nicole, a 40-year-old realtor from Longwood, Florida
• Sarah, a 31-year-old web design company owner from Mill Valley, California
• Sharon, 34-year-old computer consultant and web designer from Beverly Hills, California
• Stacy, a 39-year-old controller-accountant from Ponder, Texas
• Suzanne, a 38-year-old mortgage broker from San Diego, California
• Tammy, a 35-year-old claims adjuster from Gilbert, Arizona