MTV reveals '8th & Ocean' cast, series to premiere March 7
By Reality TV World staff, 02/08/2006
MTV has revealed the cast of 8th & Ocean, a new Laguna Beach-like series that will follow aspiring young models living in Miami's trendy South Beach area.
Created by the producers of Laguna Beach, 8th & Ocean will premiere Tuesday, March 7 at 10:30 PM ET/PT (one week after the hour-long premiere of The Real World: Key West, the show that will serve as its 10PM ET/PT lead-in.)
Shot in the similar cinematic style as Laguna Beach, 8th & Ocean will follow ten models (six women, four men) who live under the same roof and work for the Irene Marie agency, one of Miami's top modeling agencies.
"The idea with this show is to sort of pull the curtain back on the world of modeling," executive producer Tony DiSanto told the New York Post.
• Irene Marie, a former high fashion model who founded the agency for which the models work. Although MTV describes Irene Marie as "playing mother to her models," she also doesn't forget that the agency is "a business first" and isn't afraid to fire any model who steps out of line or fails to perform.
• Briana, a 21-year-old female model from Arizona. An army brat who has lived all over the world, Briana is said to be wise beyond her years. Described by MTV as being on the verge of landing a campaign that will take her career to the next level, Briana is the group's style queen.
• Britt, a female model raised in a huge, close-knit Kansas City family. A babe in the woods, Britt is a devout Christian and the home schooled daughter of a preacher. Although she began modeling with the goal of following in her parent's footsteps and raising money for children's charities, Britt is finding herself tested by the "decadent" South Beach lifestyle.
• Kelly, a blonde 21-year-old female model from St. Petersburg, FL. According to MTV, Kelly is "used to getting what she wants and being in the spotlight, especially where her twin sister Sabrina is concerned."
• Sabrina, Kelly's identical twin sister. Described as "not the most adventurous person," Sabrina is said to have lived in Kelly's shadow ever since they were kids.
• Talesha, another Florida native who is "brash, beautiful and extremely ambitious." Described as "a pro in front of the camera and a diva behind it," Talesha wants it all and will stop at nothing to get it.
• Tracie, an Atlanta native who is "in her mid-twenties." As the old maid of the group, Tracie is the cast's most experienced model. Known as someone who can "whip up a great meal in minutes, Tracie is the group's chef.
• Adrian, a male model originally from Chile. MTV describes Adrian as having "all the goods to make it as a model, actor and singer" who "just can't seem to follow through on anything."
• Sean, a male model and Miami native who was discovered when he was taking out the trash while working at Arby's. Described as a natural-born comedian, MTV says Sean spends his time doing two things -- "getting his hustle on" and "lightening the mood with his irrepressible sense of humor."
• Teddy, a 19-year-old male model originally from Niagara Falls, NY. Discovered after he entered a local Niagara Falls modeling competition on a whim, Teddy admits that the Miami party scene "definitely agrees with him" but claims that what he really wants is to do is just find that "special someone" and fall in love.
• Vinci, a Puerto Rican transplant. Although described as "arrogant and difficult" and a no-show for many of his modeling gigs, MTV inexplicably also bills Vinci as "one of the most in-demand models in Miami."