Lucas is a 30-year-old from Santa Monica, CA, whose ABC-supplied job description is simply "whaboom." Fans had no idea what that meant until they watchedThe Bachelorette's Season 13 premiere -- and it made some viewers wish they hadn't watched it.
Lucas screamed an extremely enthusiastic "whaaaaabooooom" whenever possible, even when the outburst didn't match the situation. Lucas violently shakes his head and entire body while yelling his catchphrase, and Rachel seemed to find it hilarious.
Whaboom's competition, however, viewed his antics as the exact opposite. There have already been complaints from other suitors, especially Blake Elarbee, about Lucas' questionable motives for going on the show and his apparent lack of desire to seriously date and get to know Rachel.
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Lucas "Whaboom" Yancey.
- He was born on June 4, 1986 and has a twin brother. He also apparently has a real job working in real estate as a private investor and developer.
Lucas said he owns and manages many properties in Los Angeles as well as in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Lucas is originally from Woodside, CA, and calls himself an actor, writer, producer and stand-up comedian.
He owns a company called YknotWorld Productions.
- The Bachelorette isn't Lucas' first reality TV experience. He appeared on WE tv's Ex Isle in 2016 with his ex-girlfriend, Brittney. And guess who was also on the reality show? Blake Elarbee!
When Lucas and Brittney decided to date other people, Blake was one of the contestants Brittney hit it off with, so the guys already have history dating the same girl!
That's presumably why Blake had such strong feelings about Whaboom's intentions during The Bachelorette premiere.
- Lucas is also fluent in Spanish and appeared on a Spanish-language dating show called 12 Corazones Especial de Circo Entretenimiento, which translates to 12 Hearts Special Circus, on the Telemundo TV network several years ago.
"My first appearance on a #Telemundo TV show. The video footage will be out soon! Como estas tu hamburgesa?," he captioned a February 2013 Instagram photo showing him with longer hair and a moustache.
- Lucas graduated from UC Berkeley and majored in Legal studies with a focus in Business.
While attending Berkeley, he and his team won 4 Rugby National Championships.