Lifetime reveals the identities of 'Project Runway' sixth-season cast
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/08/2009
Lifetime has revealed the identities of the 16 fashion designers competing on Project Runway's sixth season, which will premiere Thursday, August 20 at 10PM ET/PT.
Project Runway's sixth season filmed last year at Los Angeles' Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and will follow the 16 contestants as they compete in a series of challenges designed to test their design skills.
Only three contestants avoided elimination and received the opportunity to show their own clothing creations at New York Fashion Week, which was held in February.
Project Runway's sixth-season winner will receive an editorial feature in an upcoming issue of Marie Claire magazine, a cash prize of $100,000 to start a fashion line, and a trip to Paris.
Host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia will all reprise their roles for the show's sixth season, which will also include special guest judges from the worlds of fashion, music, film and television.
Bravo's NBC Universal parent company, The Weinstein Company, and Lifetime Networks resolved their legal dispute surrounding the rights to Project Runway in April -- a year after Lifetime Networks and The Weinstein Company first announced their five-year, 10-season deal to bring Project Runway to Lifetime from Bravo beginning with the show's sixth season."
The Real World's Bunim-Murray Productions production company produced Project Runway's sixth season.
- Althea Harper, a 24-year-old from Dayton, OH who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Ari Fish, a 26-year-old from Kansas City, MO
- Carol Hannah Whitfield, a 24-year-old from Anderson, SC who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Christopher Straub, a 30-year-old from St. Louis Park, MN who currently resides in Shakopee, MN
- Epperson, a 50-year-old from New York, NY
- Gordana Gehlhausen, a 45-year-old from Yugoslavia who currently resides in San Diego, CA
- Irina Shabayeva, a 27-year-old from The Republic of Georgia who currently resides in New York, NY
- Johnny Sakalis, a 30-year-old from Long Beach, CA who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
- Logan Neitzel, a 26-year-old from Blackfoot, ID who currently resides in Seattle, WA
- Louise Black, a 32-year-old from Temple, TX who currently resides in Dallas, TX
- Malvin Vien, a 24-year-old from Englewood, CO who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Mitchell Hall, a 26-year-old from Melbourne, FL who currently resides in Savannah, GA
- Nicolas Putvinski, a 27-year-old from Moscow, Russia who currently resides in New York, NY
- Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman, a 31-year-old from Chicago, IL who currently resides in Milwaukee, WI
- Shirin Askari, a 24-year-old from Tulsa, OK who currently resides in Garland, TX
- Qristyl Frazier, a 42-year-old from St. Louis, MO who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
(Photo credit Mike Yarish/Lifetime Networks)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.