Lifetime reveals identities of 'Project Runway All Stars' cast and judges
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 08/08/2011
Lifetime has announced the identities of the designers who will be competing on Project Runway All Stars.
In addition, the network has also revealed the identities of the host, judging panel and mentor of the all-stars edition, which Lifetime had previously confirmed would not feature normalProject Runway participants host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia.
According to Lifetime, the fact the network is considering Project Runway All Stars "a completely separate show" from the regular Project Runway series is why Klum, Gunn, Garcia, and Kors will not be a part of the all-stars edition, which the network first announced in early May.
"[Project Runway All Stars] is a completely separate show, with a separate host and a separate set of judges," a Lifetime representative toldPeople last week.
The new 12-episode series -- which will premiere later this year -- will feature supermodel Angela Lindvall as host, designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman serving as judges, and Marie Claire magazine's editor-in-chief Joanna Coles as mentor.
Despite the absence of the fourProject Runway veterans, Project Runway All Stars' format will remain similar to the franchise's regular format and feature 13 returning contestants competing for an entirely new panel of fashion experts who will offer the designers "a fresh perspective on their art, providing counsel and insight," according to Lifetime.
The winner of Project Runway All Stars will also receive a grand-prize package that is significantly larger than of Project Runway's normal package: the opportunity to sell their exclusive collection in select Neiman Marcus Stores and on NeimanMarcus.com, $100,000 worth of technology and office space from HP and Intel, a $100,000 cash prize from L'Oreal Paris, a feature spread and one-year assignment as guest editor for Marie Claire, and a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother International.
The Project Runway returning all-star designers and the seasons they originally appeared on are as follows:
- Kenley Collins from Brooklyn, NY (Season 5, third place)
- Michael Costello from Palm Springs, CA (Season 8, fourth place)
- Gordana Gehlhausen from San Diego, CA (Season 6, fourth place)
- Mondo Guerra from Denver, CO (Season 8 runner-up)
- Mila Hermanovski from Los Angeles, CA (Season 7, third place)
- April Johnston from Savannah, GA (Season 8, fifth place)
- Kara Janx from New York (Season 2, fourth place)
- Rami Kashou from Los Angeles, CA (Season 4 runner-up)
- Austin Scarlett from New York (Season 1, fourth place)
- Jerell Scott from New York (Season 5, fourth place)
- Kathleen "Sweet P" Vaughn from Pasadena, CA (Season 4, fifth place)
- Anthony Williams from Atlanta, GA (Season 7, fifth place)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.