Kourtney Kardashian denies report of 'Take New York' engagement
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 02/16/2011
Kourtney Kardashian and boyfriend Scott Disick have not gotten engaged via a proposal that will air on the season finale of Kourtney and Kim Take New York, according to E!.
Life & Stylereported the alleged engagement in the cover story of the magazine's new issue on Wednesday, however the network claims it's false.
"It's not true," E! spokesman John Rizzotti told NewsCore.
While Kardashian did not address the report directly, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Kourtney and Kim Take New York star also appeared to deny the claim in a Wednesday afternoon Twitter posting of her own.
"WOW!! Where do the mags come up with this stuff? And claiming exclusives? Come on now," Kardashian wrote.
According to the Life & Style report, Kardashian has been wearing an engagement ring in private but taking it off when she goes out in public.
"The season finale, which has already been filmed, ends with Scott proposing and Kourtney accepting. It's been really hard for them to keep it quiet. She's so excited for the finale to air this April so she can finally go out in public with her ring on. She wears it at home all the time," a source told the magazine.
In addition, the report also claims Kardashian's family is aware of her engagement to Disick -- who is the father of her one-year-old son Mason but has previously had a rocky relationship with both Kardashian and her family -- and agreed to keep it secret until the show's finale airs in April.
"The Kardashian clan has finally warmed up to Scott, accepting him into their close-knit crew, but don't expect them to spill Kourt's exciting news anytime soon. The family is really happy about Scott and Kourtney's engagement but they're trying to keep it a secret so it's a huge surprise on the show," another source told Life & Style.