With contestant Misty May-Treanor out of the competition after rupturing her achilles tendon and ABC looking to avoid shortening the top-rated show's season by a week, Dancing with the Stars would seem to have two options: send no one home during tonight's results show broadcast (which would be similar to how it handled Sarah Evans' departure from the show's third-season), or bring Kardashian, last week's eliminee, back into the competition (which would be similar to how the show initially attempted to address Evans' departure).
According to Kardashian, she would "love" to return to the show if presented with the opportunity.
"I wouldn't wish [injury] on anyone. But hey, if they ask me back I'm there," Kardashian told Ryan Seacrest during a Tuesday morning interview on the American Idol host's On-Air with Ryan Seacrest syndicated radio show.
Kardashian was interviewed via telephone from New Orleans, LA, where she had watched her boyfriend and New Orleans Saints' running back Reggie Bush play the Minnesota Vikings at the Superdome on Monday night.
"I texted my partner [Mark Ballas] last night and [was] like 'Are you ready to go back? Are we going back?' And he's like 'It's just rumors,'" Kardashian told Seacrest. "I don't know what's going on."
Kardashian added that she would be coming back to California on Tuesday to get work-related things done.
"Like dancing?" Seacrest asked, to which Kardashian only responded with a giggle.
"I would love it," she continued regarding a chance to return. "I was watching [Dancing with the Stars] last night and I was like 'Oh man. I think the jive would have been my breakthrough dance where they would have seen that I can do it,' you know? I was getting really frustrated watching the TV."
Last night, Dancing with the Stars co-host Samantha Harris told performance show viewers that the effect of May-Treanor's departure on the show's eliminations would be revealed on tonight's results show, however Corky Ballas -- who is competing with actress Cloris Leachman and is also Mark Ballas' father -- isn't being shy about what outcome he's hoping for.
"I think that would be awesome. Give her another shot!" Corky told OK! Weekly about a possible Kardashian return. "I actually thought she didn't get to come out of her shell. I think she was heating up."
"Mark would come back like a tiger," he added. "With a vengeance!"
May-Treanor's withdrawal from Dancing with the Stars marks the second time a celebrity has withdrawn from the show in the middle of the competition and the first time since Sara Evans quit the show's third season in October 2006.
Evans' withdrawal -- which came with only six celebrities still in the competition -- occurred hours after she filed for divorce from Craig Schelske, her husband of thirteen years.
After Evans withdrew, Dancing with the Stars asked Willa Ford -- the celebrity who had been eliminated on the show's most recent results show -- to return to the show and take Evans' place, however she declined the offer.
Instead, the five remaining couples performed during Dancing with the Stars' next performance show and ABC -- which despite her public withdrawal announcement, had billed Evans' departure as "rumors" and urged viewers to watch the show's next performance episode to find out whether she was "really leaving" -- ended the week's results show with a surprise announcement that no one would be eliminated.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.