Judge doesn't hold contempt hearing in Jon and Kate Gosselin case
By Christopher Rocchio, 10/26/2009
Jon and Kate Gosselin have both avoided being held on contempt charges.
Attorneys for the Jon & Kate Plus 8 stars claim they both complied with a court order pertaining to their monetary dispute and neither will be held on contempt charges, Peoplereported.
The ruling was made during a Monday hearing in Montgomery County Court after Judge Arthur R. Tilson ordered earlier this month that Jon return $180,000 of the $230,000 Kate has alleged he withdrew from one of their joint bank accounts in violation of an arbitrator's previous order that they not withdraw any funds without the other's approval.
In addition, Tilson also previously ordered Kate to provide an accounting of an additional $55,000 that she withdrew from the account, which she had previously stated she used to pay the family's bills.
While Jon -- who appeared in court for the hearing -- alleged Kate still failed to account for how she spent $33,000 in cash withdrawals, her attorney Cheryl Young contends she told Tilson that amount is in question because it accounted for only five-percent of what was in dispute and a divorce arbitrator did not require her to break down the withdrawals in detail.
"It's fully compliant," Young told People.
Jon's lawyer Mark Heller told People he's unsure how to address the issue of the unaccounted for cash. A two-day conference with an arbitrator is currently scheduled for next month, according to People.
"That's factually incorrect," said Momjian on Friday.
"The only proof of money we received is $28,500 that was sent over a week ago. The only thing we're looking for is the difference, which is about $151,500. We have not yet received confirmation of that."
However the matter was apparently resolved to Tilson's satisfaction, as a contempt hearing was not held.
While Jon was at Monday's hearing, Kate was not -- as she had previously agreed to appear at a women's leadership conference held by Marian Shriver in California, Fox's WTXF-TV affiliate in Philadelphia reported.
While things going smoothly for Jon at Monday's hearing he is now without an attorney, as his original divorce lawyer Charlie Meyer withdrew from the case once again after returning to it for only a week.
"I'll just get another attorney," Jon told People. "I have to."
(Photo credit TLC)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.