Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > Jon & Kate Plus 8

'Jon & Kate' star Jon Gosselin: "I'll probably continue on television"


By Christopher Rocchio, 10/15/2009 

Jon Gosselin says a television role will most likely be his job even after his Jon & Kate Plus 8 involvement comes to an end.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I'll probably continue on television," Gosselin told Entertainment Tonight reporter Diane Diamond during Wednesday night's broadcast. 

"If that fails, I'll go back to IT. I'm not afraid to work, so either way I know I'll be fine.  I'm not worried about my future employment."

Gosselin's new comments come two weeks after the Jon & Kate patriarch -- who has previously insisted he is uncomfortable with his celebrity status -- had his lawyers demand TLC "cease and desist" filming his children. 

The demand came on the same day TLC announced plans to re-launch Jon & Kate Plus 8 as a Kate Gosselin-focused series that would be retitled Kate Plus 8 and feature Gosselin on a "less regular basis" beginning November 2.

TLC immediately suspended "direct filming of the children... pending further conversations between both parents" however filming has remained halted, with Jon citing "an epiphany" for his newfound agreeance with critics' previous claims that the reality show is detrimental to his children.

Monday night's Jon & Kate Plus 8 broadcast featured a promo stating there are "only a limited number of episodes left" but failed to clarify whether Kate Plus 8 will still debut on November 2.

Jon appeared on Entertainment Tonight after a Tuesday ruling in which Montgomery County Judge Arthur R. Tilson ordered Jon to return $180,000 of the $230,000 his estranged wife Kate has claimed he improperly withdrew from one of their joint bank accounts in violation of an arbitrator's previous order. Jon will face contempt charges if he fails to return the funds by October 26.

While Jon told Diamond he only "owes back like $155,000," he did acknowledge that he wasn't "supposed to take money out."

"I took money," he said on Entertainment Tonight.

"You took money you shouldn't have?" replied Diamond.

"Well, it was just after our arbitration," said Jon. "We weren't supposed to take money out of a restricted account, and we both did... I didn't realize it.  I was just like taking my paycheck out."

Kate had alleged Jon withdrew "$230,000 of the $231,000 that we have liquid" between August 10 and September 29 during an October 5 appearance on NBC's Today show and filed an emergency petition seeking the funds return last week.  It remains unclear how the judge arrived at the new $180,000 figure.

In addition, the judge also ordered Kate to provide a detailed accounting of an additional $55,000 she removed from the account, which her lawyer claims was spent on "household bills and expenses relating to the children."  Kate is also required to provide her accounting by October 26, according to her lawyer.

"It's unaccounted for," said Jon when asked by Diamond about what Kate needs to return.  "So by Friday we will know her complete accounting, which might reduce my accounting."

Regardless of the amount he eventually owes, Jon reiterated that he plans to repay it.

"I'm going to be truthful and I'm going to abide by the court and I'll put it back," he said.  "And she has to do the same."

Jon said the estranged couple did not speak during their joint appearance at Tuesday's hearing.

"When I went to the arbitration building, I thought I was going to arbitrate with her and have an opportunity to talk to her," he said.  "But when the attorneys came in, I was sitting in the arbitration room and they told me to leave.  So I went to a separate room and she was already in a separate room."

"Was there a part of you in that court looking over at your soon-to-be ex-wife that just thought boy I'd like to just walk over there and say, 'Hey honey, we can work this out,'" asked Diamond.

"I thought about doing that," replied Jon.  "But in a public setting and as a public figure you have to watch what you say and do and how your actions are observed..."

"And interpreted," interrupted Diamond.

"And interpreted," said Jon.  "Because there are reporters in the room.  I thought about it, and I was like, 'No. It's better in a private setting."

Jon and Kate announced their separation in June and he said their eight kids are "starting to raise those questions" about when he's coming home for good.

"I go to a therapist.  I talk to her about how to handle these kind of questions," he told Diamond.

"So I just say, 'You don't have to worry about that. Yes I live in a different location. I will see you every single week.  Mommy and daddy love you.  I will always be your father.  Mommy will always be your mother.  No matter what, you can always tell us everything and we'll take care of it.'"



(Photo credit TLC)


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.












Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.029129981994629 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed