John "JP" Hilsabeck -- 5 things to know about the 'Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers' castaway
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 09/27/2017
John "JP" Hilsabeck will be competing on the 35th season of Survivor dubbedSurvivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers, which will air this fall and premiere September 27 on CBS.
JP is a 28-year-old firefighter from Los Angeles, CA. He will be a member of the Heroes tribe called "Levu."
Survivor's new season will feature 18 castaways divided into three tribes, each comprised of six people, who possess similar characteristics that represent their profession or reputation, and how they are perceived by others. The other two tribes are "Soko" (Healers) and "Yawa" (Hustlers).
"Heroes: They are heralded for their courage, their achievements, and ideals for which they stand," longtime host Jeff Probst said in a preview clip of Season 35 that aired during the reunion of last season's Survivor: Game Changers.
"[Healers] receive gratitude for their acts of service in helping people heal their emotional and physical pain. [Hustlers] are respected for their work ethic -- 'Get it done, no matter what.' They stop at nothing to achieve their goals."
- JP has a dog named Thor and he's the Survivor castaway's best friend.
- He can't stand it when people don't follow through with plans or activities.
- JP believes he could win Survivorbecause he's athletic, smart and able to read people. He also loves the competition aspect of the game and thinks he'll have a great social game because of his outgoing personality.
- The Survivorcastaway admires his dad most in life because he showed JP the meaning of hard work and that having the right mindset -- like never giving up or quitting -- can take him anywhere in life.
- JP considers himself outgoing, adventurous, romantic, and outdoorsy. He enjoys surfing and hiking.
For more Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers castaway Things to Know profiles, click here.