Desi is a 27-year-old physical therapist from Peachtree City, GA who currently resides in Newport News, VA. She will be a member of the Healers tribe called "Soko."
Survivor's new season will feature 18 castaways divided into three tribes, each comprised of six people, who possess similar characteristics that represent their profession or reputation, and how they are perceived by others. The other two tribes are "Levu" (Heroes) and "Yawa" (Hustlers).
"Heroes: They are heralded for their courage, their achievements, and ideals for which they stand," longtime host Jeff Probst said in a preview clip of Season 35 that aired during the reunion of last season's Survivor: Game Changers.
"[Healers] receive gratitude for their acts of service in helping people heal their emotional and physical pain. [Hustlers] are respected for their work ethic -- 'Get it done, no matter what.' They stop at nothing to achieve their goals."
- Desi enjoys traveling the world, participating in pageants, and going to the gym.
- Desi's pet peeves include people who are all talk. She says she works her butt off and has little patience for laziness. She expects to see results and has no problem calling someone out if he or she doesn't deliver.
- She became an assistant professor at the age of 26 and a program director at the age of 27. She's proud of those accomplishments, saying those titles aren't handed out to just anyone.
- Desi's inspiration in life is her grandmother, who is a survivor of the Great Depression, the civil right's movement, a divorce, and her second husband's fatal illness. Desi says her grandmother demonstrates unmatched resilience, resolve and compassion, adding that she lives every day to the fullest by playing as hard as she works.
- The Survivorcastaway wishes she could have brought Chapstick, an unlimited supply of food and a masseuse with her to the island because she wants to stay attractive and satisfied, and she loves being pampered.
For more Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers castaway Things to Know profiles, click here.