Jackie Warner's 'Thintervention' to debut Sept. 6, inc. ex-'Housewife'
By Reality TV World staff, 07/27/2010
Bravo has announced it will premiere Thintervention with Jackie Warner on Monday, September 6 at 10PM ET/PT and revealed the reality show's cast -- which includes former The Real Housewives of Orange County star Jeana Keough.
Unlike her earlier Work Out reality series which mostly focused on Warner and the staff of her Sky Sport & Spa gym in Los Angeles, Thintervention will feature Warner working with overweight clients who are still in their real-life environments and surrounded by the distractions and stresses of their personal and professional lives.
While Warner will conduct some of the clients' workouts at her gym, she'll also work the clients out at additional "amazing locations," according to Bravo. In addition, Warner will also ambush her clients with check-ups at both home and work as well as surprise visits while they are out socializing with friends.
Progress will be measured via both weekly weigh-ins and group therapy sessions intended to help get to the bottom of the clients' weight issues.
Bravo had announced the pickup of Thintervention, which it began developing last fall, in January. The project is actually the latest incarnation of Jackie's Gym Takeover, a previous Warner project the network had announced early last year.
Jackie's Gym Takeover was originally envisioned as a Kitchen Nightmares-like reality series that would, similar to Bravo's Tabatha's Salon Takeover, feature Warner visiting struggling gym owners and using her own gym ownership and entrepreneurial experience to help the owners turn their failing businesses around. However after developing the project further, Bravo designed to change gears.
- Stacy Citron, a 23-year-old from Los Angeles, CA who has a 50-pound weight-loss goal
- Bryan Donavan, a 36-year-old from Los Angeles, CA who has a 60-pound weight-loss goal
- Mandy Ellen, a 48-year-old from Calabasas, CA who has a 30-pound weight-loss goal
- Jeana Keough, a 54-year-old from Orange County, CA who has a 25-pound weight-loss goal
- Joe Moller, a 35-year-old from Los Angeles, CA who has a 40-pound weight-loss goal
- Kim Smith, a 47-year-old from Valencia, CA who has a 30-pound weight-loss goal
- Shannon "Shay" Smith, a 23-year-old from Valencia, CA who has a 50-pound weight-loss goal
- Nikki Wood, a 39-year-old from Los Angeles, CA who has a 50-pound weight-loss goal
Keough leftThe Real Housewives of Orange County during last fall's fifth season, claiming she felt undervalued by both Bravo and her co-stars.
"I just didn't feel appreciated by the girls or the network," she said at the time. "There's a lot of work that is involved -- it's an all-year-round thing with all of the shooting and the press, and it wasn't enough."
Thintervention with Jackie Warner is being produced by Shed Media U.S. with Nick Emmerson, Jennifer O'Connell, Michaline Babich and Jackie Warner serving as executive producers.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.