Fox reveals the identities of 'Hell's Kitchen's fifth-season contestants
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/15/2008
Fox has revealed the identities of the 16 culinary contestants competing on Hell's Kitchen's fifth season, which will premiere Thursday, January 29 at 9PM ET/PT.
Sixteen contestants represent the largest cast ever for the culinary competition series. Hell's Kitchen's fourth season last spring had 15 contestants and the first three installments of the show each featured 12 contestants.
Similar to its first four editions, Hell's Kitchen's fifth season cast will both work and live together in a restaurant/housing facility that will keep the contestants under cameras 24/7 as they try to impress foul-mouthed British chef Gordon Ramsay via various challenges and dinner services.
The fifth-season winner will receive the grand prize of a "head chef" position at Atlantic City's Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, which opened in 2003.
Hell's Kitchen's 16 fifth-season contestants -- who will initially be divided into the show's traditional all-female "Red Team" and all-male "Blue Team" -- are:
The Red Team
- Andrea, a 30-year-old line cook from Reading, PA
- Carol, a 30-year-old sous chef from Knoxville, TN
- Coi, a 22-year-old cafe cook from Austin, TX
- Colleen, a 41-year-old cooking school instructor from Papillion, NE
- Ji, a 33-year-old private caterer from Palisades Park, NJ
- LA, a 23-year-old line cook from Las Vegas, NV
- Lacey, a 24-year-old corporate buffet cook from Charlotte, NC
- Paula, a 28-year-old executive sous chef from Coconut Creek, FL
The Blue Team
- Ben, a 26-year-old executive sous chef from Chicago, IL
- Charlie, a 24-year-old prep chef from Las Vegas, NV
- Danny, a 23-year-old executive chef from Edgewater, FL
- Giovanni, a 37-year-old executive chef from Destin, FL
- J, a 32-year-old food court chef from Clifton Park, NY
- Robert, a 29-year-old sous chef from Quogue, NY
- Seth, a 27-year-old private party chef from New York, NY
- Wil, a 27-year-old quality-control chef from Elgin, IL
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.