Fox announces 'American Idol 6' audition dates and locations
By Reality TV World staff, 07/12/2006
Fox has announced the dates and locations for the American Idol 6's open auditions.
As it has for the last two seasons, American Idol's sixth season will allow singers as old as 28 years of age to compete (prior to Idol 4, age 26 had been the maximum.) As in previous seasons, the competition's minimum age will remain 16.
More specifically, all contestants must be between 16 and 28 years old on August 6, 2006 -- meaning that all applicants must be born on or between August 7, 1977 and August 6, 1990 in order to be eligible to participate.
Auditions for the sixth edition of American Idol will begin in Los Angeles, California, on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at The Forum.
In addition to Los Angeles, auditions will also take place in six other cities -- San Antonio, TX; East Rutherford, NJ; Birmingham, AL; Memphis, TN; Minneapolis, MN; and Seattle, WA. Beyond meeting the competition's age requirements, applicants must also be eligible to work in the United States.
Besides Los Angeles, the six other audition locations for American Idol 6 are:
• San Antonio, TX - Friday, August 11 at the Alamodome
• East Rutherford, NJ - Monday, August 14 at Continental Airlines Arena
• Birmingham, AL - Monday, August 21 at BJCC
• Memphis, TN - Sunday, September 3 at FedExForum
• Minneapolis, MN - Friday, September 8 the Target Center
• Seattle, WA Tuesday - September 19 at Key Arena