Death of 'Gone Too Far' host DJ AM ruled an accidental drug overdose
UPI News Service, 09/29/2009
The New York Medical Examiner's office says the death of celebrity disc jockey Adam Goldstein last month has been declared an accidental drug overdose.
Goldstein, who was known professionally as DJ AM, was found dead in his Manhattan apartment at the age of 36.
The recovering drug addict reportedly suffered a lapse after years of sobriety when he took painkillers to ease his suffering following a 2008 plane crash that left him and his musician friend, Travis Barker, seriously injured and four others dead.
ME spokeswoman Ellen Borakove told Usmagazine.com the cause of Goldstein's death was "accute intoxication" due to the combined effects of cocaine, Oxycontin, Vicodin, Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Benadryl and Levamisole, a substance commonly used by drug dealers to cut cocaine.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.