Dean, a 26-year-old startup recruiter from Venice, CA, joined the Bachelor in Paradise cast after getting rejected by The Bachelorette's thirteenth-season star Rachel Lindsay following his hometown date.
Dean became a fan-favorite on The Bachelorette thanks to his winning smile, sweet personality and humble upbringing.
Kristina and Dean are hitting it off so far in Paradise and have enjoyed some steamy kisses, but their communication is lacking, sparking frustration for both individuals.
Will their relationship grow and strength, or fizzle out quickly?
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Dean Unglert:
- Dean enjoys golfing, rock climbing, surfing, and snowboarding. He appears to love anything that keeps him active and provides a rush.
- Dean works as a lead recruiter for StartupTAP in Los Angeles. He's held this position for two years.
- The 6'2" suitor has many tattoos -- his mom's initials on his chest, artwork on his back, a friend's initials on his back, the word "Righteous" on his inner lip, Latin on his hip, and Triforce on his inner arm.
- Dean received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management, General from UCCS, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
- Dean said his family fell apart when he was 15-years-old because his mother died from breast cancer.
He was estranged from his father -- a converted Kundalini yogi that goes by the name Paramroop, meaning "divinely beautiful" -- for two years before he introduced Rachel to him on The Bachelorette.
Although Dean's hometown date enraged some fans because they thought ABC shouldn't have aired such personal, heart-wrenching footage, Dean told Access Hollywood the episode "could've been a little bit worse."
Dean thought the show's editing actually spared his family's emotions from that reunion "quite a bit."