Dean, a 26-year-old startup recruiter from Venice, CA, became a fan-favorite onThe Bachelorette due to his winning smile, sweet personality and humble upbringing.
Dean had trouble being vulnerable with Rachel on The Bachelorette's thirteenth season, but in the moments he found himself capable of opening up, he showed a maturity beyond his years.
Dean was "falling in love" with Rachel, but she felt they were in different places in their lives, so she dumped him after meeting his unconventional family.
Dean may have a shot to be the next The Bachelor star, but he's not sure he's emotionally prepared for the leading role. In the meantime, fans can look forward to watching him look for love again on Bachelor in Paradise's fourth season this summer.
Below is a list of 11 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Dean Unglert:
- Dean works as a lead recruiter for StartupTAP in Los Angeles. He's held this position for two years.
- Dean enjoys golfing, rock climbing, surfing, and snowboarding. He appears to love anything that keeps him active and provides a rush.
- The 6'2" suitor has many tattoos -- his mom's initials on his chest, artwork on his back, a friend's initials on his back, the word "Righteous" on his inner lip, Latin on his hip, and Triforce on his inner arm.
- Dean has a black dog that appears to be part lab named Nala, whom he calls his "little nugget." He watched The Bachelorette premiere with Nala.
- If Dean was stranded on a "dessert island" of his choice, it would be made of hot Cheetos and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- The Season 13 suitor received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management, General from UCCS, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
- When Dean was very young, his family lived in a mobile home. The bachelor said one of his fondest memories is sitting on top of the home with his brothers watching a demolition derby and eating Oreos.
- Dean loves it when his date can keep him laughing all night and also demands to be pursued, because he said nothing good comes easy.
- If he could go anywhere in the United States, Dean would choose Hawaii because he's never been there and his mother wanted her ashes scattered there.
- Dean's idea of the ultimate date with a woman is anywhere that's fun where they can laugh and try something new. He likes to push the limits of what they're comfortable with.
- Dean said his family fell apart when he was 15-years-old because his mother died from breast cancer.
He was estranged from his father -- a converted Kundalini yogi that goes by the name Paramroop, meaning "divinely beautiful" -- for two years before introducing Rachel to him.
Although Dean's hometown date enraged some fans because they thought ABC shouldn't have aired such personal, heart-wrenching footage, Dean told Access Hollywood the episode "could've been a little bit worse."
Dean thought the show's editing actually spared his family's emotions from that reunion "quite a bit."