Chrissy is a 46-year-old actuary from Bernardsville, NJ, who currently resides in Lebanon Township, NJ. She will be a member of the Heroes tribe called "Levu."
Survivor's new season will feature 18 castaways divided into three tribes, each comprised of six people, who possess similar characteristics that represent their profession or reputation, and how they are perceived by others. The other two tribes are "Yawa" (Hustlers) and "Soko" (Healers).
"Heroes: They are heralded for their courage, their achievements, and ideals for which they stand," longtime host Jeff Probst said in a preview clip of Season 35 that aired during the reunion of last season's Survivor: Game Changers.
"[Healers] receive gratitude for their acts of service in helping people heal their emotional and physical pain. [Hustlers] are respected for their work ethic -- 'Get it done, no matter what.' They stop at nothing to achieve their goals."
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Chrissy Hofbeck:
- Chrissy can't stand it when a person doesn't hold a fork correctly and eats like a caveman.
- She has traveled through all seven continents, and she's very proud of herself for having graduated from Penn as a math major and MIT.
- Chrissy's inspiration in life happens to be her husband and three children because she says they are amazing in every way. She also admires women in math and anyone who is afraid of something but goes for it anyway.
- When comparing herself to a former Survivor castaway, she would choose Tai Trang because he falls in love with everyone but cuts throats when he needs to or Spencer Bledsoe, who never gave up and always looked for cracks in his tribe.
- Chrissy wanted to compete on Survivorbecause it's an adventure with a goal. She's also a super-competitive overachiever with a "Type A" personality.
For more Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers castaway Things to Know profiles, click here.