Ben, a 34-year-old former U.S. Marine from Boise, ID, will be competing inSurvivor's Season 35 finale on Wednesday, December 20 at 8PM ET/PT on CBS, which will be followed by a one-hour live reunion special.
Ben started the game as a popular member of the Heroes tribe, but he has no alliance members left with a total of five castaways remaining.
Ben is Public Enemy No. 1 in the finale because everyone believes he's the biggest threat. Not only has he found numerous hidden Immunity Idols and made some big moves, but he also has an endearing story given he had served in the military.
Ben's only hope to make the Final 3 seems to be winning Individual Immunity or finding an idol or some type of other advantage, but all hope is not lost. As Survivor fans are well aware, the game can flip upside down in a matter of seconds. Curious to learn more about Ben?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Ben Driebergen:
- Ben, who could be a teddy bear or grizzly bear based on the circumstance, worked in a grocery warehouse before appearing on Survivor.
- If Ben won the $1 million on Survivor, he'd buy a ranch and a new truck.
- Ben's inspiration in life is Michael Blake Wafford because he gave his life for our country. They served together in Iraq and were a team.
- His personal claim to fame is being a good dad and husband. Ben believes his wife saved his life, and he has a five-year-old son Wyatt and three-year-old daughter Gracie.
- Ben's hobbies include circle track car racing, building and shooting guns, and camping with his family.
- Ben considers himself most like the former Survivor contestants Russell Hantz, Rob "Boston Rob" Mariano and Joe Anglim because he's a little conniving and manipulative like Russell, determined and confident like Boston Rob and athletic like Joe.
- Ben has held down a variety of jobs in different states since returning home from being in the Marine Corps, including working as a bouncer in North Dakota and building fences in Wyoming.
- If he could bring three things on an island with him, Ben would choose a cowboy hat, boots and his running shoes.