But when she made her Dancing with the Stars debut last week, Barbara and Keo unfortunately landed in thirteenth -- and last -- place on the judges' leaderboard after earning only 14 points for their salsa routine.
Barbara may be in jeopardy of elimination soon based on her judges' scores, but we'll see if her fans come through and vote for her to stay.
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Barbara Corcoran:
- Barbara, born in Edgewater, NJ, received straight D's in high school and college at St. Thomas Aquinas College, and she was in and out of 20 jobs by the time she turned 23-years-old.
- The DWTS contestant borrowed $1,000, quit her job as a waitress, and started a tiny real estate company in New York City in 1973 called The Corcoran Group.
Over the next 25 years, she parlayed that loan into a $5 billion real estate business.
- Barbara is the author of the bestseller Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business! She is also a columnist for More Magazine, The Daily Review, and Redbook.
- She is a frequent small-business and real-estate contributor on every major network. Barbara has been an investor/Shark for the past nine seasons on ABC's three-time Emmy award winning show, Shark Tank.
- Barbara currently resides in Manhattan with her second husband, Bill Higgins, and their two children -- son Tom and adopted daughter Katie.