'America's Next Top Model: College Edition' cast revealed by The CW
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 07/30/2012
The CW has revealed the identities of the 13 contestants who will compete on America's Next Top Model: College Edition, the franchise's nineteenth season, which will premiere on Friday, August 24 at 8PM ET/PT.
America's Next Top Model: College Edition will feature contestants who have participated in or completed some type of program to further their educations at institutions, ranging from universities to trade schools, and also include participation from home viewers, who were allowed to cast votes online while the competition was filming.
Hosted by Top Model creator and judge Tyra Banks, America's Next Top Model: College Edition enabled fans to vote each week online and choose their favorite contestants based on photo shoots taken over the course of recently-completed production. The viewer voting scores were added to scores from Banks and the Top Model judges to help determine who was eliminated during each judging panel session.
In another twist, the girls who had been eliminated were given the opportunity to return to the competition via votes on their photo shoot pictures, which allowed the audience the chance to save their favorite model.
In addition to Banks, the nineteenth-season judging panel will consist of returning judge Kelly Cutrone and previously announced new judge Rob Evans, an international male model.
Stylist Johnny Wujek will serve as the reality competition's new creative consultant and guide the competition's contestants through their photo shoots. Evans and Wujek will replace fashion photographer Nigel Barker, runway coach Miss J. Alexander and photo shoot director Jay Manuel -- who were all axed from Top Model in April.
The news that Evans would take the place of Barker and Wujek would replace Manuel for the upcoming season had previously been revealed in May.
America's Next Top Model: College Edition will also introduce its first-ever social media correspondent, top fashion blogger Bryanboy, who will mentor the models and highlight the comments, scores and video messages from the viewers that will be revealed during the show's panel critiques.
Dancer and choreographer Jonte has also come onboard for Top Model's next season and will often be shown working with the models on their movements, along with motivating the girls to show personality during various photo shoots and challenges.
The model crowned "America's Next Top Model" will receive a fashion feature in Nylon Magazine, $100,000 cash, campaigns with Nine West and Smashbox Cosmetics, a modeling contract with LA/NY Models, and become the new face of the Top Model perfume "Dream Come True."
America's Next Top Model is produced by 10 by 10 Entertainment in association with The Tyra Banks Company, with Banks, Mok and Laura Fuest Silva serving as the show's executive producers.
The 13 contestants who will be competing on America's Next Top Model: College Edition -- and their The CW-supplied bios -- are:
- Allyssa, a 5' 10 1/2" 20-year-old student from Fort Lauderdale, FL (Florida State University)
- Brittany, a 5' 10" 18-year-old student from Gilbert, AZ (Chandler-Gilbert Community College/Disney College Program)
- Darian, a 5' 9" 22-year-old student from Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana State University)
- Destiny, a 5' 8 1/2" 18-year-old Jimmy John's sandwich shop cashier from Columbus, OH (Aveda Institute of Columbus)
- Jessie, a 5' 9 3/4" 23-year-old student from Speedway, IN (University of Southern California Graduate School)
- Kiara, a 5' 9" 22-year-old student from Las Vegas, NV (University of California - Irvine)
- Kristin, a 5' 7 1/4" 19-year-old student from Jacksonville, FL (Florida State College of Jacksonville)
- Laura, a 6' 0" 21-year-old student from Cambridge, NY (Paul Smith's College)
- Leila, a 5' 11" unemployed 20-year-old student from Framingham, MA (University of Rhode Island)
- Maria, a 5' 7 1/4" 22-year-old student and mobile editor of AdMonsters from Las Cruces, NM (Harvard Divinity School)
- Nastasia, a 5' 8 1/4" 19-year-old student and sales associate from East Stroudsburg, PA (East Stroudsburg University)
- Victoria, a 5' 9 1/2" 18-year-old student from Colquitt, GA (Liberty University)
- Yvonne, a 5' 8 1/2" 20-year-old student from Minneapolis, MN (University of Texas at Austin)
(Photo credit The CW)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.