'America's Got Talent 2' reveals Top 20, finale to air August 21
By Christopher Rocchio, 07/13/2007
NBC's America's Got Talent reality competition series has revealed the Top 20 second-season semifinalists who will now compete for the home-viewing audience to claim the show's $1 million grand prize.
America's Got Talent 2's Top 20 semifinalists were revealed at the conclusion of Wednesday night's "Second Round Las Vegas Callbacks" episode, which saw the show's three judges -- Sharon Osbourne, a former star of MTV's The Osbournes and current judge on Britain's The X-Factor reality competition series; actor David Hasselhoff; and former newspaper editor Piers Morgan -- make their decision after six weeks of auditions in various U.S. cities.
Now it's up to America to decide which of the Top 20 semifinalists has the most talent, as home viewers will be able to cast their votes via phone or the show's website in the coming weeks.
The Top 20 semifinalists will perform over the course of the next two weeks during two 90-minute broadcasts, with the first 10 performing on Tuesday, July 17 at 8PM ET/PT and the second group of 10 acts doing the same on Tuesday, July 24 at 8PM ET/PT. During America's Got Talent 2's July 31 broadcast, the finalists will be narrowed to a field of 10 based on viewer votes.
America's Got Talent is scheduled to air its live second-season finale over two weeks, beginning with a 90-minute performance episode on Tuesday, August 14 at 8PM ET/PT, with home viewers able to vote immediately following the broadcast. America's Got Talent 2's $1 million winner will then be revealed on Tuesday, August 21 at 8PM ET/PT.
- Julienne Irwin, a country singer from Bel Air, MD
- The Glamanzons, a group of burlesque singers from Astoria, NY that consists of Lady Finger (Meryl Finger); Candy Apple (Sandy May); Ginger Snap (Sarah Orr); and Caramella (Laura Johnson)
- Kashif, a Bollywood dancer from Skokie, IL
- Kevin James, a magician from Jonesville, MI
- Manuel Romero, a singer from Milpitas, CA
- Johnny Lonestar, a western performer from Branson, MO
- Jonny Come Lately, a teenage rockabilly band from Upland, CA that consists of Ismael Loya; Angela Ross; Adrian Johnson; and Julian Johnson
- Sideswipe, a group of martial arts acrobats from Los Angeles, CA that consists of Chris Brewster; Craig Henningsen; Matt Mullins; and Jackson Spidell
- Butterscotch, the stage name of Davis, CA-native Antoinette Clinton, who is a musician/beat-boxer
- Robert Hatcher, a singer from Cincinati, OH
- Southern Girl, a musical group from Houston, TX that consists of Angela D. Jones; Misti L. Moore; and Nicoya L. Polar
- Jason Pritchett, a singer from Independence, MO
- 2nd Story Guys, a stilts variety act from Orlando, FL that consists of James Balcer; Christian DeLeon; Dustin Ehrlich; and Keith Hinson
- Luiyi Padilla, a dancer and Shakira impersonator from Los Angeles, CA
- Gregory and Anastasia Popovich, a father/daughter animal-training team from Las Vegas, NV that form Popvich Pet Theater
- Terry Fator, a ventriloquist from Dallas, TX
- The Duttons, a family band from Branson, MO that consists of Timothy Dutton; Amy Dutton Arambulo; Jonathan Dutton; Judith Dutton; Benjamin C. Dutton; Abigail Dutton Wright; Dean Dutton; Joshua Dutton; and Shelia Dutton
- The Calypso Tumblers, a group of acrobats from New York, NY that consists of Mosquito (Michael Rodriguez); Tailz (Lamonte Goode); Alex (Raymond Bartlette); Jahson or O (Sylvan Bartlette); Kid (Clarence Chester); and Yogi Laser (Kenneth Greenaway)
- The Fault Line, an a cappella rock group from Ithica, NY that conists of Jeff Bratz; Adam Decker; Justin Adams; Matt Olmstead; and Joshua Logan
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.