ABC reveals 'The Bachelorette' star Emily Maynard's 25 new bachelors
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/01/2012
ABC has revealed the identities of the 25 bachelors competing for Emily Maynard's heart on The Bachelorette's eighth season, which will premiere Monday, May 14 at 9:30PM ET/PT.
The Bachelorette's eighth season will begin in the single mom's hometown of Charlotte, NC with the 26-year-old former fifteenth-season The Bachelor bachelorette greeting her 25 eligible suitors at a southern mansion for the season's initial cocktail party after putting her six-year-old daughter Ricki to bed.
The 25 bachelors will include Tony, a single dad who produces a glass slipper for Maynard and proclaims her a princess; Jef, an entrepreneur who rides in on a skateboard; Stevie, a party MC who breaks down into dance; Travis, a southern gentleman who gives her a present to symbolize how he'd protect her and Ricki; and Kalon, a wealthy suitor who makes a grand entrance in a helicopter and impresses The Bachelorette star but promotes jealousy amongst his fellow bachelors.
Once the cocktail party begins, the competition to impress Maynard only intensifies, as Kyle, a "confident" financial advisor gets upstaged by a single dad of six with photos to show off; Chris, a "handsome" sales director gives her a pair of custom bobblehead dolls; Arie, a professional race car driver becomes nervous to explain his career to Maynard in fear it may remind her of her late fiance Ricky Hendrick; and Doug, another single father, brings her a touching letter from his 11-year-old son to read.
However, the mood becomes quite serious when The Bachelorettehost Chris Harrison arrives and reveals it's time for Maynard to present one of the men with a first impression rose. The men will become increasingly competitive, as "tough-talking" Stevie confronts Kalon, "accusing him of being selfish and insincere," according to ABC.
But Maynard will be unaware of the tension that exists amongst her suitors because Jef steals her away and impresses her with his "soft-spoken confidence." She'll then award the special rose to one "charming" bachelor -- a decision which won't surprise anybody or give the bachelors a reason to argue.
The premiere will conclude with Maynard whittling her 25 bachelors down to 19 during the season's first Rose Ceremony.
The 25 men competing on The Bachelorette's eighth edition -- and their ABC-supplied bios -- are:
- Aaron Martell, a 36-year-old biology teacher from Long Beach, CA
- Alessandro Goulart, a 30-year-old grain merchant from St. Paul, MN
- Alejandro Velez, a 25-year-old mushroom farmer from San Francisco, CA
- Arie Luyendyk, a 30-year-old race car driver from Scottsdale, AZ
- Brent, a 41-year-old technology salesman from Fresno, CA
- Charlie Grogan, a 32-year-old recruiter from Nashville, TN
- Chris Bukowski, a 25-year-old corporate sales director from Chicago, IL
- David Homyk, a 33-year-old singer and songwriter from New York, NY
- Doug Clerget, a 33-year-old real estate agent from Seattle, WA
- Jackson, a 29-year-old fitness model from Lockport, IL
- Jean-Paul LaCount, a 35-year-old marine biologist from Seattle, WA
- Jef Holm, a 27-year-old entrepreneur from Salt Lake City, UT
- Joe Gendreau, a 27-year-old field energy advisor from Los Angeles, CA
- John "Wolf" Wolfner, a 30-year-old data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
- Kalon McMahon, a 27-year-old luxury brand consultant from Houston, TX
- Kyle Dillon, a 29-year-old financial advisor from Long Beach, CA
- Lerone Anu, a 29-year-old real estate consultant from Los Angeles, CA
- Michael Nance, a 26-year-old rehab counselor from Austin, TX
- Nate Bakke, a 25-year-old accountant from Los Angeles, CA
- Randy Lee, a 30-year-old marketing manager from Hermosa Beach, CA
- Ryan Bowers, a 31-year-old pro sports trainer from Augusta, GA
- Sean Lowe, a 28-year-old insurance agent from Dallas, TX
- Stevie, a 26-year-old party MC from Staten Island, NJ
- Tony Pieper, a 31-year-old lumber trader from Beaverton, OR
- Travis Pope, a 30-year-old advertising sales representative from Madison, MS
(Photo credit ABC)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.