ABC reveals additional 'The Bachelor 7' details, including identities of its bachelorettes
By Reality TV World staff, 03/22/2005
With its premiere now only a week away, ABC has released more information about its upcoming Manhattan-based seventh edition of The Bachelor, including new details of the edition's "less formal" format and the identities of the twenty-five women who will be competing for bachelor Charlie O'Connell.
As previously reported, Charlie is a D-list sometime Hollywood actor who is best known for being the Baldwin-like brother of Jerry O'Connell, the one-time Stand By Me tubby boy, Sliders genius, and Jerry Maguire stud quarterback who currently appears in NBC's Crossing Jordan television series.
Billed as "The Bachelor unplugged," ABC has revealed that, as it first teased during February's The Bachelorette 3 finale, The Bachelor 7 will feature "no rules" this season, with five women immediately eliminated, roses handed out randomly, and the women free to "speak their minds" during rose ceremonies. In addition, all three of Charlie's exotic overnight dates will take place at the same location, with The Bachelor's first ever "on the road" rose ceremony occurring onsite at the getaway location -- resulting in one of the women not returning from the out of town trip.
The Bachelor 7's two-hour premiere will begin with the twenty-five women arriving at their New York hotel expecting that the show won't begin until the following day, only to have the show's producers throw a Survivor-like twist at them and tell the women that they'll actually be meeting the then undisclosed bachelor in just five minutes.
Following a rapid dating session during which the women attempt to make their best first impressions and Charlie hands out two "first impression" roses, Bachelor host Chris Harrison will surprise Charlie with a twist of his own -- that he has to immediately eliminate five women from the group.
After the bachelorette group has been whittled to twenty and moved into their Tribeca loft, Charlie will contact the women to arrange three group dates, once again surprising the women when they discover that they themselves will determine who will accompany Charlie on each of the group dates. While the group dates will be normal enough -- a pool-playing visit to a neighborhood pub, dancing at a local nightclub, and a Chelsea Piers outing involving volleyball and rock climbing -- the results won't be, with one of the nightclub bachelorettes caving into the "pressure" and walking out and leaving.
With a few roses already handed out prior to the ceremony, some of the women will arrive at the first rose ceremony with nothing to worry about, setting the stage for catfights as the remaining women square off and dish dirt about each other in an attempt to land one of the final twelve roses that Charlie will be handing out.
Included among this season's cast of twenty-five bachelorettes will be Kara, a 26-year-old nanny who will be the first single mom to appear on The Bachelor. Other members of The Bachelor 7's feisty bachelorette pool include a runway model, a swimsuit model, a bikini model (anyone notice a pattern?), a professional basketball cheerleader, three Canadian residents, and ten women whose first names began with the letter "K" (Kara, Katie, Kerry, Kimberly, Kindle, Krisily, Kristen, Kristina, Kristine, and Kyshawn -- good luck Charlie!)
The twenty-five bachelorettes appearing on The Bachelor 7 are:
• Anitra, a 29-year-old makeup artist who currently resides in Manhattan Beach, CA
• Brenda, a 26-year-old sales coordinator who currently resides in New York, NY
• Carrie, a 27-year-old computer specialist who currently resides in Minneapolis, MN
• Danuska, a 30-year-old runway model who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
• Debby, a 25-year-old flight attendant who currently resides in Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
• Emilie, a 27-year-old in technology sales who currently resides in Chicago, IL
• Geitan, a 30-year-old realtor who currently resides in Newport Beach, CA
• Gina Marie, a 28-year-old bartender who currently resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Heather, a 24-year-old contractor who currently resides in Orlando, FL
• Jenny, a 23-year-old marketing coordinator who currently resides in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
• Kara, a 26-year-old nanny who currently resides in Woodland Hills, CA
• Katie, a 25-year-old resort accountant who currently resides in Tempe, AZ
• Kerry, a 32-year-old director of mergers & acquisitions who currently resides in Chicago, IL
• Kimberly, a 25-year-old swimsuit model who currently resides in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
• Kindle, a 23-year-old pro basketball cheerleader who currently resides in Rockwell, TX
• Krisily, a 25-year-old salon coordinator who currently resides in Warwick, RI
• Kristen, a 30-year-old teacher who currently resides in Boston, MA
• Kristina, a 27-year-old writer who currently resides in Brooklyn, NY
• Kristine, a 23-year-old bikini model who currently resides in Fairfax Station, VA
• Kyshawn, a 30-year-old bartender who currently resides in Nashville, TN
• Megan, a 23-year-old in retail marketing who currently resides in Tallahassee, FL
• Sarah B., a 24-year-old labor & delivery nurse who currently resides in McKinney, TX
• Sarah W., a 24-year-old in fashion design who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA
• Siomara, a 25-year-old loan officer who currently resides in Chicago, IL
• Valerie, a 28-year-old executive assistant who currently resides in Wayne, NJ
The Bachelor 7 will premiere Monday, March 28 at 9PM ET/PT with a special two-hour broadcast.