ABC announces 'The Bachelor' premiere special info, including details of the 25 female suitors
By Reality TV World staff, 09/18/2002
ABC has announced that "The Bachelor," a one-of-a-kind romance reality series that gives one lucky man and 25 spectacular women the unique opportunity to find true love, will begin its second season on the ABC Television Network on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), with the premiere episode, "The Bachelor: Revealed." "The Bachelor: Revealed" gives a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the process involved in choosing the very adventurous individuals who are candidates for the series. Additionally, former participants offer their opinions and advice, and - finally -- the new Bachelor is introduced.
In the special, viewers will:
* Meet the five men who were finalists to be the new Bachelor. Who are they and how were they selected?
* Take a behind-the-scenes look at the process producers used for selecting the new Bachelor and the new group of ladies.
* Hear from former "Bachelor" runner-up Trista Rehn on how she is preparing to turn the tables as the star of "The Bachelorette," the show on which she will meet and date 25 eligible men, and possibly propose to one of them.
* In what may be their final public interview, Alex Michel and Amanda Marsh, the couple who found each other on last season's show, discuss the challenges of having a personal relationship in the public spotlight. They sit down to once and for all address rumors and reports about the status of their relationship.
* Meet the 25 fantastic ladies who will vie for the Bachelor's affections. They are:
Heather, 23, sales coordinator, Walnut Creek, CA
Lori, 26, public relations representative, Dallas, TX
Heather, 30, flight attendant, Watauga, TX
Amber, 25, therapist, Chapel Hill, NC
Cari, 28, elementary school teacher, Granite City, IL
Christy, 24, radiologic technologist, Avondale, AZ
Hayley, 28, store manager, Dana Point, CA
Camille, 29, actress/model, Los Angeles, CA
Kyla Faye, 22, recording artist, Midvale, UT
Erin, 25, national magazine, Chester, PA
Frances, 30, strategic planning analyst, San Francisco, CA
Dana, 24, radio sales, Beverly Hills, CA
Merrilee, 27, teacher, Forked River, NJ
Suzi, 27, communications specialist, Richmond, VA
Anindita, 27, attorney, New York, NY
Fatima, 22, student, Long Beach, CA
Helene, 27, school psychologist, Glouchester, NJ
Brooke Nicole, 22, student, Tuscaloosa, AL
Liangy, 30, paralegal, Coral Gables, FL
Erin, 23, interior designer, Houston, TX
Suzanne, 32, flight attendant, Redondo Beach, CA
Angela, 26, registered nurse, Kansas City, MO
Shannon, 25, graphic artist, Hicksville, NY
Christi Diane, 23, financial advisor's asst., Eagle, ID
Gwen, 31, executive recruiter, Chester Springs, PA
* And finally, the suspense is over. Who is the new Bachelor? Where is he from and why is he still single? Is he ready to take on the challenge of meeting 25 women and determining the one who could become his wife?
These questions and more will be answered during this riveting prelude to one man's romantic adventure. The dramatic, anything-can-happen dating process will begin with the second episode, in which the Bachelor will meet 25 women, but must reduce the number to 15 on the same night. Chris Harrison (host of HGTV's popular primetime series "Designers' Challenge") hosts "The Bachelor: Revealed," as well as "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" series.
"The Bachelor" series is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Telepictures Productions for ABC. Mike Fleiss ("Magic Secrets Revealed") is executive producer. Lisa Levenson is co-executive producer. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.