TV Land's 'High School Reunion' revival now set to debut March 5
By Christopher Rocchio, 02/01/2008
TV Land has revealed the identities of the 14 JJ Pearce High School Class of 1987 alumni who will celebrate their 20-year reunion in Maui for the network's High School Reunion revival, which will premiere Wednesday, March 5 at 10PM ET/PT.
While partying like it's 1987 during a two-week Hawaiian getaway thousands of miles away from their former high school in Richardson, TX, the ex-classmates will have an opportunity to pursue unresolved relationships; rekindle snuffed out romances; and renew old rivalries.
High School Reunionoriginally aired three seasons on the now-defunct The WB in 2003 and 2004. TV Land announced in November 2006 that it was reviving the reality series and began production in Spring 2007.
"High School Reunion provides TV Land viewers with a fascinating window into how classmates who knew each other in the 1980s have evolved over the last 20 years," said TV Land president Larry W. Jones. "By bringing together the alumni for a two-week getaway, High School Reunion allows the classmates to really experience how they have changed -- or have not changed -- since graduation."
In addition to High School Reunion, TV Land announced The Big 4-0, which will follow various people as the prepare to celebrate their fortieth birthday, will premiere April 16; She's Got the Look, which was previously announced under the title 35 and Beyond Super Model Search and is an America's Next Top Model-like reality show for women over 35-years-old, will premiere June 4; and Family Foreman, which will follow American Inventor judge George Foreman and his family, will debut July 16.
High School Reunionis a Warner Horizon and Next Entertainment production, with The Bachelor's Mike Fleiss and Lisa Levinson serving as executive producers for the six-episode series.
The 14 JJ Pearce High alumni featured on High School Reunion -- and their TV Land-supplied bios -- are:
- Cheryl, "The Outsider" Ostracized by classmates for her off-beat wardrobe, Cheryl attempts to show others that she is now capable of holding her own with the "in" crowd.
- DeAnna, "The Popular Girl" This attractive blonde -- who turned heads at Pearce -- proved to be unlucky in love as evidenced by her four previous marriages. She returns to her class to give it another try in this tropical paradise.
- Glenn, "The Geek" A nerd in high school who has evolved into a successful tech wiz, he seeks an apology from Jason, the bully who roughed him up years ago.
- Jason, "The Bully" The resident tough guy who terrorized many during his high school reign seeks forgiveness from those he hurt -- both physically and emotionally.
- Justin, "The Pipsqueak" The scrawny high school geek, who had a life-changing growth spurt in college, turns to his Pearce classmates to find his ideal woman - someone exactly like Pamela Anderson.
- Kat, "The Lesbian" A successful voice-over artist -- who is openly gay -- wonders if she's been looking for love in all the wrong places and now contemplates starting a new relationship.
- Kirsten, "The Spoiled Girl" A driven real estate agent, Kristen has been used to getting her way for her whole life as she tries to get boyfriend Sean to propose to her... again.
- Lana, "The Drama Queen" Busy mom and divorcee who wants to help her ex-husband Mike and her ex-lover Steve make amends after years of acrimonious feelings.
- Matt, "The Jock" A star athlete -- whose idyllic life was recently shattered by the death of his wife -- picks up the pieces and attempts to start his life all over again.
- Mike, "The Rebel" The troublemaker who had tables turned on him when he realized that his best friend Steve had an affair with his soon-to-be ex-wife Lana.
- Rob, "The Stud" Always the center of attention and controversy, Rob continues to step into and out of the middle of many of the heated moments in the house.
- Sean, "The Millionaire" A wealthy and successful business executive who is concerned that his girlfriend Kristen is actually serious about their second chance at happiness.
- Steve, "The Backstabber" Contrite and hopeful that he can return into the good graces of his best friend Mike, he realizes he has years of hurt feelings and bitterness to overcome before he is successful.
- Yvette, "The Girl Next Door" This all-American girl has a big secret that might keep her from pursuing a new relationship with widower Matt.