The CW reveals the identities of 'Stylista's eleven contestants
By John Bracchitta, 09/26/2008
The CW has revealed the identities of the contestants competing on Stylista, a new reality competition series for aspiring fashion magazine editors that will premiere on Wednesday, October 22 at 9PM ET/PT.
Originally billed as "The Devil Wears Prada reinvented as a reality series," Stylista will begin with 11 fashion enthusiasts. Each week they'll compete in two different challenges -- an assistant task and a fashion editorial assignment.
Elle fashion news director Anne Slowey -- who has previously appeared on Project Runway as a guest judge -- and the magazine's creative director Joe Zee will serve as Stylista's judges and mentors, with Slowey responsible for eliminating a contestant each week.
Stylista's grand-prize winner will receive a paid, year-long junior editor editorial position at Elle, a paid lease on a Manhattan apartment for a year, and a $100,000 clothing allowance at H&M.
Stylista's participants will compete against each other for an assistant position at Elle magazine. Each week they will complete one assistant task as well as one fashion editorial assignment for the magazine.
Sylista's 11 participants will be:
- Arnaldo, a 24-year-old salesperson and freelance writer from Bronx, NY
- Ashlie, a 22-year-old Calvin Klein Dresses production assistant from Washington, DC who currently resides in New York, NY
- Cologne, a 22-year-old college graduate from Newport Beach, CA who currently resides in New York, NY
- Danielle, a 22-year-old visual merchandiser from New York, NY
- Devin, a 20-year-old student from Burton, OH who currently resides in New York, NY
- DyShaun, a 24-year-old freelance stylist from Newark, NJ who currently resides in New York, NY
- Jason, a 25-year-old fashion designer and runway model from Chico, CA who currently resides in New York, NY
- Johanna, a 28-year-old China military analyst from Okemos, MI who currently resides in Washington, DC
- Kate, a 22-year-old legal secretary from Palm Springs, CA who currently lives in San Francisco, CA
- Megan, a 22-year-old "entrepreneur" from Vail, CO who currently lives in New York, NY
- William, a 26-year-old "out of work freelance fashion assistant" from Boston, MA who currently resides on New York, NY