Normani, 20, is from Atlanta, Georgia, and the beauty has taken the world by storm with her musical group Fifth Harmony.
Normani has been said to be one of the best female contestants to ever appear on Dancing with the Stars. She has received numerous perfect scores and wows the judges each week with her professional partner Val Chmerkovskiy.
The singer is the frontrunner at this point in the competition and arguably the person to beat. But Dancing with the Stars viewers know that anything can happen when it comes to fans casting their votes. Will Normani make it to the finals?
Below is a list of 9 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Normani Kordei:
- Normani was born on May 31, 1996, but she was raised in the city of New Orleans. She currently resides in Houston, TX.
- She entered the spotlight by auditioning for Season 2 of Simon Cowell's The X Factor reality series as an individual singer.
Instead of advancing as a solo act, Normani was placed in a group with four other young female singers -- Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke, and Camila Cabello. (But Camila left the group last year).
- Normani is the Global Ambassador to the American Cancer Society and recent began working with A Place Called Home.
She's also an Ambassador for The CyberSmile Foundation, which is an anti-cyberbullying non profit organization.
- Her hobbies include dancing, jumping on a trampoline, tumbling, pretending to be a makeup artist, watching scary movies, journaling her personal thoughts, watching American Horror Story, and working to perfect her craft.
- She has a Chris Brown sweat towel in her bedroom with his signature on it that she once caught standing in the crowd at his concert.
She had the biggest crush on him when his music career launched at age 16 with the hit song "Run It!"
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant hates tomatoes and has hated them ever since she was a little girl, but she loves tomato soup and spaghetti with meat sauce.
- Normani's biggest hits with Fifth Harmony have been "Work From Home," three-times platinum certified single that earned Fifth Harmony their first Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as well as "Worth It," which found the group quadruple-platinum success.
- She may be up against an Olympic gymnast on Dancing with the Stars, but Normani can do a standing back tuck with her arms behind her back!
The singer was a gymnast for eight years and practiced the stunt by wearing a straitjacket.
- Fifth Harmony was originally called 1432 on The X Factor, but Simon couldn't live with that name, so America voted online to call the group Fifth Harmony instead, and that name clearly stuck!