If Normani goes home in the next May 8 episode, it will be considered a huge upset. However, you never know how home viewers are going to vote and what can happen as a result. Curious to learn more about this Dancing with the Stars contestant?
Below is a list of 8 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Normani Kordei:
- Normani was born on May 31, 1996, but she was raised in the city of New Orleans. She currently resides in Houston, TX.
- She entered the spotlight by auditioning for Season 2 of Simon Cowell's The X Factor reality series as an individual singer.
But Instead of advancing as a solo act, Normani was placed in a group with four other young female singers -- Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke, and Camila Cabello. (Camila left the group last year).
Fun fact: The group originally called themselves 1432, but Simon couldn't live with that name, so he had America vote online and the name Fifth Harmony was ultimately chosen.
- Normani is the Global Ambassador to the American Cancer Society and recent began working with A Place Called Home.
She's also an Ambassador for The CyberSmile Foundation, which is an anti-cyberbullying non profit organization.
- Normani has a Chris Brown sweat towel in her bedroom with his signature on it that she once caught standing in the crowd at his concert.
She had the biggest crush on him when his music career launched at age 16 with the hit song "Run It!"
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant hates tomatoes and has hated them ever since she was a little girl, but she loves tomato soup and spaghetti with meat sauce.
- Normani's biggest hits with Fifth Harmony have been "Work From Home," a three-times platinum certified single that earned Fifth Harmony their first Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as well as "Worth It," which found the group quadruple-platinum success.
- Her hobbies include dancing, jumping on a trampoline, tumbling, pretending to be a makeup artist, watching scary movies, journaling her personal thoughts, and working to perfect her craft.
- She may be up against an Olympic gymnast on Dancing with the Stars, but Normani can do a standing back tuck with her arms behind her back! The singer practiced the stunt by wearing a straitjacket.