Normani is a 20-year-old beauty who was born on May 31, 1996. She entered the spotlight by auditioning for The X Factor's second season during which she was placed in a group by executive producer and judge Simon Cowell with four other young female singers -- Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke, and Camila Cabello.
The girl group became known as Fifth Harmony, and it didn't take long for the girls to find fame and take over the world. (Camila, however, left the group last year).
Normani juggled the first several weeks of Dancing with the Stars with a tour in Asia, but her busy schedule never had a negative impact on her dances with her pro partner Val Chmerkovskiy. Want to learn more about this talented contestant?
Below is a list of 7 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Normani Kordei:
- Normani was born in Atlanta, GA, but raised in the city of New Orleans. She currently resides in Houston, TX.
- She is the Global Ambassador to the American Cancer Society and recent began working with A Place Called Home.
She's also an Ambassador for The CyberSmile Foundation, which is an anti-cyberbullying non profit organization.
- Normani has a Chris Brown sweat towel in her bedroom with his signature on it that she once caught standing in the crowd at his concert.
She had the biggest crush on him when his music career launched at age 16 with the hit song "Run It!"
- The Dancing with the Stars contestant hates tomatoes and has hated them ever since she was a little girl, but she loves tomato soup and spaghetti with meat sauce.
- Normani's biggest hits with Fifth Harmony have been "Work From Home," three-times platinum certified single that earned Fifth Harmony their first Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as well as "Worth It," which found the group quadruple-platinum success.
- Her hobbies include dancing, jumping on a trampoline, tumbling, pretending to be a makeup artist, watching scary movies, journaling her personal thoughts, watching American Horror Story, and working to perfect her craft.
- She may be up against an Olympic gymnast on Dancing with the Stars, but Normani can do a standing back tuck with her arms behind her back! The singer practiced the stunt by wearing a straitjacket.