The Fifth Harmony group member has been described as one of the best female contestants to ever appear on Dancing with the Stars. She has received numerous perfect scores with her pro partner Val Chmerkovskiy, and she seems unstoppable.
Normani is competing against two older men -- and two athletes -- in the finals: Retired pro baseball player David Ross and NFL free agent Rashad Jennings. Will she win the mirrorball trophy next week?
Below is a list of 10 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Normani Kordei:
- Normani was born on May 31, 1996, but she was raised in the city of New Orleans. She currently resides in Houston, TX.
- She first entered the spotlight by auditioning for Season 2 of Simon Cowell's The X Factor reality series as an individual singer.
Instead of advancing as a solo act, Normani was placed in a group with four other young female singers -- Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke, and Camila Cabello. (But Camila left the group last year).
- Normani's hobbies include dancing, jumping on a trampoline, tumbling, pretending to be a makeup artist, watching scary movies, journaling her personal thoughts, watching American Horror Story, and working to perfect her craft.
- She has a Chris Brown sweat towel in her bedroom with his signature on it that she once caught standing in the crowd at his concert.
She was admittedly obsessed with him when his music career launched at age 16 with the hit song "Run It!"
- Normani is the Global Ambassador to the American Cancer Society and recent began working with A Place Called Home.
She's also an Ambassador for The CyberSmile Foundation, which is an anti-cyberbullying non profit organization.
- Normani hates tomatoes and has hated them ever since she was a little girl, but she loves tomato soup and spaghetti with meat sauce.
- The DWTS contestant's biggest hits with Fifth Harmony have been "Work From Home," three-times platinum certified single that earned Fifth Harmony their first Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as well as "Worth It," which found the group quadruple-platinum success.
- Normani was a gymnast for eight years. She can do a standing back tuck with her arms behind her back! She had practiced and mastered the stunt by wearing a straitjacket.
- Fifth Harmony was originally called 1432, but Simon couldn't live with that name, so America voted online to call the group Fifth Harmony instead, and that name clearly stuck!