NBC reveals identities of new 'The Biggest Loser: Couples' cast
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/14/2009
NBC has revealed the identities of the 11 teams of two who will be competing on The Biggest Loser: Couples, the reality weight-loss series' ninth season, which will premiere Tuesday, January 5 at 8PM ET/PT.
The Biggest Loser's ninth season represents its third couples edition and second installment in which those couples consist of only family members -- as the upcoming season will include a set of brothers, a set of cousins and a set of spouses, as well as eight parent/adult child teams.
The Biggest Loser: Couples' cast will also include the NBC reality show's heaviest contestant ever -- Michael Ventrella, who will begin the competition at 526 pounds. He is 50 lbs. heavier than former eighth-season contestant Shauntina "Shay" Sorrells, who began the recently concluded season at 476 pounds.
Host Alison Sweeney and trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels will all reprise their roles for The Biggest Loser: Couples.
The 11 teams competing on The Biggest Loser: Couples -- as well as their NBC-supplied bios -- are:
- Patti Anderson, a 55-year-old business owner from Lafayette, CA, and her daughter Stephanie Anderson, a 29-year-old radio sales executive from West Hollywood, CA
- Cherita Andrews, a 50-year-old homemaker, and her daughter Vicky Andrews, a 22-year-old student, who are from Houston, TX
- Miggy Cancel, a 48-year-old chef from Pemberton, NJ, and her daughter Migdalia Sebren, a 28-year-old homemaker from Sanford, NC
- James Crutchfield, a 30-year-old human resources director, and his twin brother John Crutchfield, a 30-year-old senior marketing manager, who are from Orlando, FL
- Cheryl George, a 50-year-old store owner, and her son Daris George, a 25-year-old salesman/deliveryman), who are from Ardmore, OK
- O'Neal Hampton, Jr., a 51-year-old U.S. Postal Service station manager), and his daughter SunShine Hampton, a 24-year-old restaurant server, who are from Minneapolis, MN
- Darrell Hough, a 46-year-old press operator/mechanic, and his daughter Andrea Hough, a 24-year-old executive assistant, who are from Ann Arbor, MI
- Sherry Johnston, a 51-year-old non-profit administrator, and her daughter Ashley Johnston, a 27-year-old manager/esthetician), who are from Knoxville, TN
- Melissa Morgan, a 39-year-old attorney, and her husband Lance Morgan, a 38-year-old rancher, who are from Aspermont, TX
- Sam Poueu, a 24-year-old youth football coach and security guard, and his cousin Koli Palu, a 29-year-old football coach and head of security), who are from Rohnert Park, CA
- Maria Ventrella, a 51-year-old corporate travel agent, and her son Michael Ventrella, a 30-year-old deejay, who are from Chicago, IL
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.