Nancy is a 47-year-old iconic figure skater and former Olympic athlete who is fighting for the mirrorball trophy on Dancing with the Stars' 24th season.
Although Nancy sometimes buckles under the pressure of the competition, she delivers a beautiful dance routine week to week and tends to land in the middle of the judges' leaderboard. She is always complimented on her grace, and she certainly has what it takes to make it to the finals.
Curious to learn more about Nancy, who was born on October 13 in Stoneham, MA?
Below is a list of 6 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Nancy Kerrigan:
- Nancy placed third at the 1991 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, allowing her to qualify for the 1991 World Championships, where she won the bronze medal as part of an American sweep.
- Nancy has helped to create very memorable couture figure-skating costumes after teaming up with fashion designer Vera Wang.
- In 1992, she earned a bronze medal in the Albertville Winter Olympics and the silver medal at the 1992 World Championships. One year later, Nancy became the United States Ladies Champion and delivered a silver medal performance at the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics.
- Her Nancy Kerrigan Foundation has raised significant funds for the vision impaired in honor of her legally blind mother, Brenda.
- Nancy is executive producing a documentary Why Don't You Lose 5 Lbs, which examines the silent epidemic of eating disorders in sports. She also previously appeared on Boy Meets World in 1995, Skating with Celebrities in 2006, and Blades of Glory starring Will Ferrell in 2007.
- Her ancestry includes English, Irish and German. She has two brothers, Michael and Mark, and three children: Matthew born in 1996, Brian born in 2005, and Nicole born in 2008.